Robert Hewitt.

Robert Hewitt
24th January 2014, 10:56
Ahoy, Ships Nostalgia Followers! I joined the Merchant Navy in 1960 sailing out of Liverpool on the mv "Brookmount" a couple of weeks before my 16th birthday. I stayed with this coastal vessel transporting cattle from Belfast to Liverpool for 2 months before joining my 1st deep sea ship which was the H.E. Moss oil tanker, mv "Lucerna." This tanker company was registered in Liverpool and I stayed with them, as a steward, for most of my 5 years at sea. Happy days indeed! Other ships names that I sailed on that may strike a cord with some of you are: mv "Athelbeach." sts "Hadriana"(Shelltankers.) ss "Kayeson" and "Jalasiltonhall." Some of ships were later renamed including the "Sylvania." I knew lots of shipmates mainly as nicknames like the usual "Taffy" or "Jegsy" I was known as a Cliff Richard fan who carried around a portable record player before the age of the mp3.

trotterdotpom
24th January 2014, 11:27
Welcome Robert, did you know there was a Fleetwood trawler named after you?

John T

R58484956
24th January 2014, 14:19
Greetings Robert and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
24th January 2014, 22:19
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.

hawkey01
25th January 2014, 14:55
Robert,

welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

Robert Hewitt
28th January 2014, 13:43
Welcome Robert, did you know there was a Fleetwood trawler named after you?

John T

Thank you John, for the info on the Fleetwood trawler named after me. I'll check it out on Google and see if anything comes up.

trotterdotpom
28th January 2014, 16:05
Thank you John, for the info on the Fleetwood trawler named after me. I'll check it out on Google and see if anything comes up.

No worries Robert. There is a photo in the SN Gallery of an older one All references to that and a newer version have the ship with a Lowestoft reg. No, but I'm pretty sure she sailed from Fleetwood.

John T

Roger Griffiths
28th January 2014, 16:33
She was registered in London when she fished out of Fleetwood.
http://www.fleetwood-trawlers.info/index.php/2009/01/st-robert-hewett-lo427/

regards
Roger

trotterdotpom
28th January 2014, 16:47
She was registered in London when she fished out of Fleetwood.
http://www.fleetwood-trawlers.info/index.php/2009/01/st-robert-hewett-lo427/

regards
Roger

Thanks Roger, just dawned on me that LT is Lowestoft. Must try harder.

John T