Cyril Lamaletie

c_lamaletie
1st February 2014, 22:17
Hello, all

My name is Cyril Lamalétie. I began my career in shipping in 1948 on the Zambezia. I served my time with Norwegian ships and joined British and Commonwealth in 1956 as 4th mate on the Clan MacDougall. I sailed on various ships and left the company as chief officer on the King Charles in 1967, joining South African Railways and Harbours as mate on the tugs. I retired in 1993 as a pilot in Cape Town.

I look forward to hearing from old shipmates.

Regards,
Cyril

billyboy
1st February 2014, 23:45
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Norman Trewren
2nd February 2014, 10:45
Hello Cyril

Welcome to SN. I seem to remember sailing with you in Scottish Tankers (Scottish Lion?) many, many years ago - and again in another Clan Line ship, with your wife.

Norman

Pompeyfan
2nd February 2014, 10:46
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Cyril.

Freo
7th February 2014, 04:19
Hi Cyril,
Saw your post, mentioning that you joined SAR&H tugs. I was with them from 1970 until 1972, based in Cape Town. I was an engineer on the TS McEwen, but also did the odd stint on the Danie Hugo and TH Watermeyer. Happy days cruising around Duncan dock, or out in the bay in the early morning, dumping ash. I am also an ex Clan line engineer.
Cheers,

Neil

R58484956
7th February 2014, 11:07
Greetings Cyril and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

FrankGil
7th February 2014, 12:15
Hi Cyril
I Sailed with you on the King Charles in 1967,I was the lecky.Iremember we were at anchor off Mauritius I think when some of the guys were fishing wih a rod without much success when you got an old milk crate and dropped it over the side and brought up a good haul.I enjoyed my time on the King Charles.
Frank Gilmore.Hello, all

My name is Cyril Lamalétie. I began my career in shipping in 1948 on the Zambezia. I served my time with Norwegian ships and joined British and Commonwealth in 1956 as 4th mate on the Clan MacDougall. I sailed on various ships and left the company as chief officer on the King Charles in 1967, joining South African Railways and Harbours as mate on the tugs. I retired in 1993 as a pilot in Cape Town.

I look forward to hearing from old shipmates.

Regards,
Cyril

woodend
7th February 2014, 16:01
Hi Cyril: glad to see you are alive and kicking. So where are you now and what are you up to? We have nailed our bags down here on the West Coast, Pat still putting up with me. We are just in the process of down sizing to a smaller pad on the Langebaan Golf Estate on one level instead of this three story mausoleum. Be great to hear from you. Yours ay. Woody.

Douglas Barr
16th July 2014, 19:46
Hello Cyril - remember me?
Mary Ann & I are coming to Cape Town on 31/10.
If you could please e-mail me on [email protected], we could make a plan to meet up again - must be 30 years!

All the best

Douglas