MV Victore

Gainsboroughboy
7th March 2014, 19:10
Sailed on the MV Victore 1974-1975 any old shipmates out there?

Pompeyfan
7th March 2014, 19:16
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Gainsboroughboy.

Hopefully, you will find former shipmates. Good luck (Thumb)

Erimus
7th March 2014, 19:32
No....not a shipmate but I was the bloke in BSC HQ who sent you on all those lovely voyages!!

Geoff

Gulpers
7th March 2014, 20:16
Gainsboroughboy,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderating team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
7th March 2014, 22:38
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

trotterdotpom
7th March 2014, 23:30
I was there, Gainsboroughboy, but will have to look up the dates. Remember Godfrey Cole was 3rd Mate and Jack Sutton was Chief Steward .... Having trouble remembering others. Running Immingham to Murmansk.

John T

PS Found Discharge book - was on board September 1975. Couldn't read the Captain's name - maybe Clarke but can't remember him at all. Thought I was there longer than that. Enjoyed the ship though.

tunatownshipwreck
8th March 2014, 04:08
There's another recent thread about the Victore, and one Terry Edwards, who I met when the ship tied up in Portland (Oregon) in 1975. I may have met you too.

R58484956
9th March 2014, 17:37
Greetings GB and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Gainsboroughboy
23rd February 2015, 13:25
I was there, Gainsboroughboy, but will have to look up the dates. Remember Godfrey Cole was 3rd Mate and Jack Sutton was Chief Steward .... Having trouble remembering others. Running Immingham to Murmansk.

John T

PS Found Discharge book - was on board September 1975. Couldn't read the Captain's name - maybe Clarke but can't remember him at all. Thought I was there longer than that. Enjoyed the ship though.

I was on board a year earlier 1974, joined at Immingham, left at Port Talbot in March 1975. (Chief engineer was Tom Yellowly spelling may no be correct)

yung
23rd February 2015, 13:29
No....not a shipmate but I was the bloke in BSC HQ who sent you on all those lovely voyages!!

Geoff

Hello Geoff nice to meet you here.

Gainsboroughboy
23rd February 2015, 13:32
There's another recent thread about the Victore, and one Terry Edwards, who I met when the ship tied up in Portland (Oregon) in 1975. I may have met you too.

I was on board with Terry. We called in at Long Beach, San Francisco, Portland and Vancouver. I was the electrical officer. We hired a car in San Francisco while we were there for a week, and remember going to bars in all the Ports. Fond memories!

trotterdotpom
23rd February 2015, 13:34
I was on board a year earlier 1974, joined at Immingham, left at Port Talbot in March 1975. (Chief engineer was Tom Yellowly spelling may no be correct)

Thanks GB ... I sailed with Tom Yellowley somewhere, maybe L. Bombardier.

John T

Erimus
23rd February 2015, 15:27
Hello Geoff nice to meet you here.

Thanks..not everyone has been so polite to me when they found out what I used to do!.......... Usual grumbles, why did we always have to go to Seven Islands/Port Cartier, why Murmansk in winter, why never Monrovia when we had our family on board etc.etc.....

geoff

Keith Kendall
29th August 2015, 22:25
I sailed as Deck Cadet from Oct 1971 to Jan 72. Visited Seven Islands, Narvik and Murmask. Captain was McCullough and Mate was Andrew Gilly(?).

trotterdotpom
29th August 2015, 22:55
Welcome Keith. You might be interested in www.lof-news.co.uk/

John T