Hi - new member

rhensrude
25th March 2014, 07:05
Hi. My name is Ramona and I live in Everett, WA.

I inherited a photo album from my late cousin that belonged to her dad. He was in the US Navy from sometime in the mid-20s to about 1931. I am donating the album and some of its photos to the U.S. Navy in Washington, DC. They would like to know what ship he served on. I don't have his social security number. I have his birth and death dates.

The photos are of several ships, including the USS Colorado and USS Pennsylvania. The pictures are from Hawaii, Canal Zone, Cuba, San Diego and Santa Barbara. He took pictures of the 1925 Santa Barbara earthquake in 1925. I donated these pictures to UC of Santa Barbara.

How would I find out what ship he served on? He died in 1966. His son died in 1978 and his daughter in 2009. His wife died in 1998. There are no other relatives still alive.

Thanks,

Ramona

jg grant
25th March 2014, 07:58
Hello and welcome from NZ to this wonderful site. I am sure someone here can help you but I was thinking that if you have donated the album and photos to Washington, they could come up with the records you are looking for. Regards Ronnie

Pompeyfan
25th March 2014, 08:25
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Ramona.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help with the information you are seeking. Good luck (Thumb)

gdynia
25th March 2014, 08:52
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
25th March 2014, 10:11
Greetings Ramona and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
25th March 2014, 11:27
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
25th March 2014, 21:21
Ramona,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and hopefully some of our USA members will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)