HMS Cavalier

jackiew
31st March 2014, 10:42
Hi,
i am hoping that someone can help me to find a copy of HMS Cavalier and HMS London Commissioning book 1964-65. my uncle (now aged 85) appears in this book and unfortunately lost his in a fire. RN archives suggested that i make this request as this book only had a limited print. i will be very very grateful for any help given to try and locate a copy. hope evryone has a lovely day today

R58484956
31st March 2014, 11:07
Greetings jackiew and welcome to SN. Good luck with your request. bon voyage.

Pompeyfan
31st March 2014, 11:10
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard jackiew.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help with the information you are seeking. Good luck (Thumb)

Gulpers
31st March 2014, 21:33
jackiew,

Once again, on behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and hopefully someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

billyboy
1st April 2014, 00:51
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

miket82
1st April 2014, 11:21
I know someone who works on it at Chatham Dockyard. As soon as I contact him I'll let you know.

miket82
2nd April 2014, 19:40
http://www.hmscavalier.org.uk/
This may be of help if you haven't already found it.

miket82
3rd April 2014, 11:22
Hi,
i am hoping that someone can help me to find a copy of HMS Cavalier and HMS London Commissioning book 1964-65. my uncle (now aged 85) appears in this book and unfortunately lost his in a fire. RN archives suggested that i make this request as this book only had a limited print. i will be very very grateful for any help given to try and locate a copy. hope evryone has a lovely day today

Have now spoken to worker at Chatham. He says the best approach is to contact the Chatham Dockyard archivists here

http://www.thedockyard.co.uk/Collections/Researchers/facilities_guide_for_research.html