crew list

joanne patricia 68
8th April 2014, 09:50
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate anybody who could assist me with information that I require.
For those of you who know me from previous, (information on my father), I believe, that I may have found the name of the ship that he sailed on in October 1967.
The ship was called COVILHA and it was Portuguese. I believe that this ship was in Liverpool South Docks for approximately 4-6 weeks. Maybe caught up in the Dockers strike at the time.
The dates appear to fit in with the time that my mother, Margaret and my Father Juan met, and had a brief affair, lasting just weeks, and as a result of this, I was conceived.
I know desperately need help in trying to locate the crew list for those dates.
Any help would be truly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Joanne x

joanne patricia 68
8th April 2014, 09:51
Hi everyone,

I would appreciate anybody who could assist me with information that I require.
For those of you who know me from previous, (information on my father), I believe, that I may have found the name of the ship that he sailed on in October 1967.
The ship was called COVILHA and it was Portuguese. I believe that this ship was in Liverpool South Docks for approximately 4-6 weeks. Maybe caught up in the Dockers strike at the time.
The dates appear to fit in with the time that my mother, Margaret and my Father Juan met, and had a brief affair, lasting just weeks, and as a result of this, I was conceived.
I know desperately need help in trying to locate the crew list for
those dates.
Any help would be truly appreciated.
Many Thanks
Joanne x

PS. Many Thanks to member Barrie Youde in his research so far. I would be lost without you.

AlbieR
8th April 2014, 10:32
Hi Joanne,

Good news, another step nearer, try looking at Lloyds Register of ships for that year then you will have the owners, they keep copies in the museum or library.

Albie

trotterdotpom
8th April 2014, 10:36
Welcome back, Joanne. Sorry, don't know how to get hold of a crew list, but there is a photo of "Covilha" in the SN Gallery that may be of interest to you. The notes say she carried 22 crew. The owners are also named.

John T

Duncan112
8th April 2014, 11:39
If the Agents could be located they would have been supplied with a crew list - whether they would have kept a copy is anyone's guess though, again Immigration should have had a list.

billyboy
8th April 2014, 11:43
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

joanne patricia 68
8th April 2014, 13:32
Welcome back, Joanne. Sorry, don't know how to get hold of a crew list, but there is a photo of "Covilha" in the SN Gallery that may be of interest to you. The notes say she carried 22 crew. The owners are also named.

John T

Hello John

Yes I was informed about this picture, and I have contacted the gentleman who uploaded it.

Thanks

joanne patricia 68
8th April 2014, 13:33
Hi Joanne,

Good news, another step nearer, try looking at Lloyds Register of ships for that year then you will have the owners, they keep copies in the museum or library.

Albie

Thanks Albie, I will take your advice.

Joanne

shipmate17
8th April 2014, 15:00
Hi,
COVILHA built 1949 by St Lawrence Metal. Quebec. grt 1154. scrapped Natola. Mozambique. Jan 1973.
Cheers.

joanne patricia 68
8th April 2014, 15:53
Hi,
COVILHA built 1949 by St Lawrence Metal. Quebec. grt 1154. scrapped Natola. Mozambique. Jan 1973.
Cheers.

Thanks for that! Much appreciated.

Joanne