Mammoth Or Later Mersey Mammoth

GEORGE14
16th April 2014, 20:13
Hello everyone,
I am a new member so this may be in the wrong place ?
Trying to locate plans / drawings for the old Mammoth or the newer Mersey Mammoth as intend to build a scale model floating crane.

Can get plans for URSUS floating crane from Italy but unable to find any British floating crane plans.
Any help appreciated.

Also trying to contact user name - "EYREBRUSH" (Barney)
as he mentioned in a post that he had found some plans - but unable to contact him - can you help'
Thanks George

Gulpers
16th April 2014, 20:29
George,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

eyrebrush is certainly the man to help you, he has a wealth of knowledge of Mersey Mammoth. He was on-line today so I suggest you send him a Private Message (PM) via SN. If you go to his profile page here (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/member.php?u=9040), you will see a link which let's you PM him.
Good luck with your project. (==D)

billyboy
16th April 2014, 22:55
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

James_C
16th April 2014, 23:30
George,
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia where I hope you'll find the information you require.
Enjoy the voyage!

Pompeyfan
17th April 2014, 08:06
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard George.

alan ward
17th April 2014, 16:55
I was once asked to help move a 32`motor cruiser from her summer berth in Conwy to Liverpools Coburg Marina for the winter.the warning signs should`ve started becoming apparant when we arrived at Conwy to find the tide out,the boat lying on her side and the afternoon approaching.the owner,his son and the navigator a Blue Flue sparkie I later discovered,withdrew to the yacht club and proceeded to get hammered.We sailed mid afternoon and light was failing,they didn`t have an illuminated binnacle and kept striking matches to check our bearings.The navigator,kept appearing from the saloon looking worriedly at a chart and then disappearing again.they only knew when they got near LLandudno or somewhere similiar when they saw the lights of the fun fair,I was getting extremely nervous by now and dug out a life jacket much to the amusement of the owner.My nervousness was not eased by seeing the name stencilled on the old canvas life preserver MAMMOTH not even the new crane but the elderly one which had been auctioned off.God knows how old those jackets were but I made sure mine was within reach right up until we were moored in Liverpool and the others on board stopped arguing about who was a better seafarer the newsagent or the night club owner.I must have smoked about 800 fags before we made landfall,coming up the Mersey no proper running lights nothing, talk about the luck of the irish.

Gulpers
17th April 2014, 17:57
Generally speaking Alan, it's people like your fellow crew who keep us Coastguards in business.
In that same stretch of water, the 'luck of the Irish' often runs out, believe me! (Jester)

alan ward
17th April 2014, 19:40
Gulpers,I was sh**ing myself imagine the conversation`It must be Rhyl I can see the big wheel`we approached the Coburg lock gates at a ridiculous speed only one was open,for obvious reason,and the owner said to me`Get a boat hook and fend her off`I looked at the gate looming large,lay down my boat hook and went aft to the shelter of the cockpit.After we`d collided with the gate,son of owner proceeded to berate me for abandoning my station.I told him`If I`d attempted to fend off with that boat hook I`d be hanging off it now with the point stuck in the woodwork and you moored up 6 berths along`I never went again,once famously they went to the IOM following the ferries and larger craft.The boat came to a sticky end crushed between the landing stage and the Daffodil or Iris,lucky the crew didn`t go with it.

Gulpers
18th April 2014, 01:31
Alan,

Ah ........ the "I'll follow a ferry technique!"
That one is quite common and generally ends in folk getting into difficulty. You made a wise decision not to accompany them again! (EEK)

R58484956
19th April 2014, 12:49
Greetings George and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

GEORGE14
23rd April 2014, 22:36
Hi everyone,
Just like to thank everyone who has replied to my post.
I have been made to feel very welcome and although I have not replied to individuals - (bit worried about doing it right) I am grateful to everyone.

I have received an offer of some genuine help regarding Mammoth so posting on the site certainly worked for me.
Kind Regards George

Great site (==D) (==D)