Just joined

ann toomey
20th April 2014, 16:05
Thank you for accepting me as a member. I am really trying to find some information on ships which sailed under the Stag Line - i think my father told me that they were named after flowers.
Also has anyone any info on SS Poultney 1920's - i found a piece of paper amongst old papers which just said SS Poultney 1920's - rudder.
Tyne N/Sea force 9, temp skipper. It could be that my grandfather was the temporary skipper.
Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

paisleymerchant
20th April 2014, 16:25
This may be of interest

http://mariners-list.com/site_pages.php?section=Shipping+Companies&category=English&page_name=Stag+Line

ann toomey
20th April 2014, 16:48
thank you so much for the info re Stag Line - I think i will have to find Dad's discharge papers - he was at sea for many years but left i think mid 30's when he married. I can remember him telling me about a Captain Robinson.

Gulpers
20th April 2014, 17:02
Ann,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

ann toomey
20th April 2014, 17:10
thank you Ray - will look forward to reading more posts.
Ann

billyboy
21st April 2014, 02:23
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
22nd April 2014, 11:32
Greetings Ann and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

gordy
22nd April 2014, 11:52
Hi Ann.

Good luck with your research.

You've come to the right place(Jester)

More knowledge here than any other forum site I know(Thumb)

gdynia
23rd April 2014, 02:37
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

There are alot of exStag Line members on SN including myself the Robinsons were the owners