RFA Historical Society ships Veterans badges

the_baron1
10th May 2014, 10:16
Just to let you know there is an artical in the RFA Historical Society web site ( www.historicalrfa.org) saying that through them you can order veterans badges for the RFA ship that you were on.

Details what to do are on the web site.

Steve Oatey
3rd July 2014, 18:37
Didn't see anything there on this subject, must have a better look maybe.

the_baron1
5th July 2014, 09:18
Hi Steve,

since I posted this thread the artical has been removed from the RFA historical website. They were also being sold on Ebay but have just had a look and they are also not on it at present.

Eric

Rozzer
6th July 2014, 19:10
The MOD has threatened legal action for it is claimed by them 'breach of copyright' by the producer. He has had to stop production. As a result the badges have been removed from e-bay and the link on the RFA Historical Society web site.

Steve Oatey
7th July 2014, 17:36
OK thanks for the update guys.

handaq280
30th August 2014, 09:22
However some are still available. Buy now while stocks last! - http://www.rfa-association.org.uk/index.php/main/news/plymouth-news/316-new-merchandise-in-stock

Steve Oatey
31st August 2014, 20:13
Hmmm, still not seeing them.

Rozzer
1st September 2014, 19:27
Steve

Whats still or was available is via the RFA Association (Plymouth Branch) and not the RFA Historical Society

Rozzer

Steve Oatey
4th September 2014, 20:10
Thanks Rozzer, that's where I was looking, but I guess I'm too late.

Steve

handaq280
7th September 2014, 09:00
No you're not Steve. http://www.rfaaplymouth.org/plymmerch.htm
I will email you.

Rozzer
11th September 2014, 08:05
Steve

The producer of the Badges (which, in addition to RFA also include similar ones for the Army, the RAF and the RAN) has advised me that he will shortly start production again if each of the Army Regiments OK his designs. The delay is due to the Army!

As soon as he is able to supply them a message will appear here.

Rozzer

Steve Oatey
13th September 2014, 00:27
Thanks again Rozzer, and handaq280. Standing by.......

Rozzer
8th October 2014, 14:57
The producer of the RFA Window Cling Stickers has advised me to-day that he is now back in business having received a licence from the MOD (apparently some 40 pages long).

He has to rewrite his adverts so there will be a delay until he opens his 'shop' on e-Bay again. Payments as before can be made via Pay-Pal.

He has still to advise me if he will be expanding his business to you folks who live outside of the UK. I will update you all as soon as I receive this information.

Yours aye

Chris

a.k.a Rozzer
Editor
RFA Historical Society

Steve Oatey
9th October 2014, 04:15
Thanks for that Chris. I have a UK intermediary if necessary.

Steve

George.GM
9th October 2014, 08:23
I have been displaying mine on my Nissan Micra windscreen for the last several weeks.
Can I expect a call from the constabulary soon to say that I am no longer breaking the law ?

Rozzer
9th October 2014, 08:49
George

As you live overseas I can't see you should have any worries

Chris
AKA Rozzer

Rozzer
8th January 2015, 15:53
The producer of the RFA Veteran' s badges is now back up and running on e-bay through his shop 'Artmandave' with MOD approval

Due to fees that e-bay charge (inclusive of a donation to charity) orders via the shop should be for several items - i.e. no order for single items can be accepted.

If you require a single item then please contact Artmandave via his e-mail address at artmandave at virginmedia.com and he will explain the process you have to follow

Yours aye

Chris
RFA Historical Society
aka Rozzer

Steve Oatey
10th January 2015, 20:25
Thanks Chris.

james smith
19th May 2015, 00:03
Am delighted to hear this as I can now complete my collection for the missing ones. Hi to all former RFA colleagues.

Yarpie
aka James

Steve Oatey
21st May 2015, 06:07
Hi to you too James. Great memories of those days!