National Sea Training School, Gravesend

annamaria
10th May 2014, 21:11
Hi Everyone,
I'm making a scrapbook album on the life of my late father - Danny Millar. I know he attended the sea training school at Gravesend in 1953 in catering I'm told and would be interested in hearing from anyone who remembers him or also trained there at that time. My Dad was 17 years of age in 1953 from Paisley in Scotland. I'd love to hear from anyone who has of a group photograph of their time there.

Gulpers
10th May 2014, 21:29
annamaria,

On behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and hopefully someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

billyboy
11th May 2014, 11:25
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R396040
11th May 2014, 12:21
Hi Everyone,
I'm making a scrapbook album on the life of my late father - Danny Millar. I know he attended the sea training school at Gravesend in 1953 in catering I'm told and would be interested in hearing from anyone who remembers him or also trained there at that time. My Dad was 17 years of age in 1953 from Paisley in Scotland. I'd love to hear from anyone who has of a group photograph of their time there.

Hi,
Have you tried the gravesend Sea School own website ? There are loads of photos of the GSS and members from many years ago including the 1950s. Lots of memories there.
I personally went to the BETTER one Vindicatrix but thats another story, just kidding......... Good luck with your research AnnaMarie

James_C
11th May 2014, 14:13
Anna,
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia where I hope you'll find some information about your father.
If you have any more details about his sea service then it may help to post a message in the relevant shipping company forum on the site.