Hello Marie's

Bobgayton
16th May 2014, 13:54
Hi there
I've just found this website by accident, it never occurred to me to research online my time in the Merch even though they were the best six years of my life!
I joined in July 66, having to wait for the seaman's strike to end before I could start my training in Liverpool and then on to the Queen Elizabeth along with many other engine-room rookies who were sent to either the Lizzie or the Mary, depending which one was in Southampton at the time.
The last four years I spent on Shell tankers and have noticed a section dedicated to those so plenty to explore.
Happy days!

hawkey01
16th May 2014, 15:43
Bobgayton,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

billyboy
16th May 2014, 21:32
A warm Welcome aboard from the Philippines.Please Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
17th May 2014, 09:30
Greetings Bob and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

len mazza
22nd May 2014, 07:26
Hi Bob,
There is an excellent Group on Facebook,Shell Tankers(UK) Ltd,
Lots of good photo's yarns,defo worth a look'

Cheers,

Len Mazza.

I've just found this website by accident, it never occurred to me to research online my time in the Merch even though they were the best six years of my life!
I joined in July 66, having to wait for the seaman's strike to end before I could start my training in Liverpool and then on to the Queen Elizabeth along with many other engine-room rookies who were sent to either the Lizzie or the Mary, depending which one was in Southampton at the time.
The last four years I spent on Shell tankers and have noticed a section dedicated to those so plenty to explore.
Happy days![/QUOTE]

Bobgayton
22nd May 2014, 07:57
Hi Bob,
There is an excellent Group on Facebook,Shell Tankers(UK) Ltd,
Lots of good photo's yarns,defo worth a look'

Cheers,

Len Mazza.

Thanks Len,

Sounds good, I'll have to get my daughter to sort me out on that one!

Bob

Happy days![/QUOTE]