Sir Jack Brabham 1926-2014.

rickles23
19th May 2014, 08:45
Sir Jack Brabham AO, OBE, triple Formula 1 World Champion, has died at the age of 88.

Sir Jack passed away peacefully at his Gold Coast, Australia, home on Monday morning.

http://www.jackbrabham.com/

RIP to a good bloke.

Regards

chadburn
19th May 2014, 10:02
He certainly was an amazing man, a racer rather than a driver. R.I.P.

Leratty
19th May 2014, 10:12
Not too sure if he was fully appreciated in Aus? More so in Europe especially for his car-engine design. Let us hope he joins the other greats up there on the circuit for some more racing he will sure acquit himself well. RIP.

ben27
25th May 2014, 00:59
good day,rickles23.sm.19th may.2014,re:sir jack brabham,1926-2014.a great champion,fine person.may he rest in peace,regards ben27

spongebob
25th May 2014, 03:28
A sad passing. He thrilled the crowds at the NZ Ardmore Grand Prixs during the 1950's when we had the likes of Sterling Moss, Reg Parnell, Prince Bira, John Surtees and Bruce Mclaren taking part.
Jack won the 1958 event in his Cooper.
We also had an outsider, Morrie Stanton in his home made Stanton Special fitted with a DeHavilland 6124 cc 4 cylinder aircraft engine which added to the menagerie of race cars in those days. I attended all those meets up to 1956 before going off to sea.

Bob

barry john macauley
25th May 2014, 07:09
Saw Jack and Bruce Mclaren,come together and slide off the track at Silverstone, sometime in the fifties. They strolled back to the Pits together as though nothing had happened. Would be nice if they were re-united somewhere. Lovely fellers, both of them.
barry mac

chadburn
25th May 2014, 10:15
Saw Jack and Bruce Mclaren,come together and slide off the track at Silverstone, sometime in the fifties. They strolled back to the Pits together as though nothing had happened. Would be nice if they were re-united somewhere. Lovely fellers, both of them.
barry mac

I don't think that will happen today if Hamilton and his team mate clash due to his team mate copying a Shumy trick when Hamilton was on his flying lap, the practice was stopped due to an on track incident by his team mate which left him in Pole position and Hamilton in second place. Monaco is a circuit where first out of the box is a major factor. Wish I was there, it is a superb street circuit which I have been round-------------on an electric train(Jester)