Hi there

serdecki
23rd May 2014, 22:05
This site caught my interest when I bumped into an image on google of HMS Alert. I've been looking around for pictures and anything I can get my hands on for my dad who served in the british royal navy onboard ships and boats for during the 60's and 70's.

He's just started to get involved with all his local servicemen and has grown a renewed interest. I personally love shipping of all sorts and just wish I had returned and signed up when they told me to go away for a year (for life experience) lol.

Well I was 16 years old and a young 16 at that so they were probably right. Still no point in regrets as they say. It doesn't stop me having a love for the sea and most things connected eh.

So there you go... HI

Pompeyfan
23rd May 2014, 22:30
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard serdecki.

billyboy
23rd May 2014, 22:45
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
24th May 2014, 10:05
Greetings serdecki and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
24th May 2014, 10:06
serdecki,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and, since you share common interests with many of our members, you will also undoubtedly be exchanging messages before long. (Thumb)