Mv Marilyn L - 1972,73 (greek)

LeftherisK
24th June 2014, 22:47
I was hoping someone might be able to help me find some more information about this vessel. Marilyn L was built in 1968. My father was on board from 1972-73. Any information would be appreciated. He has passed away a decade ago and I have no way of gathering information. Would greatly appreciate any information anyone may have. His name was Nikolaos Kavourgias.

Thank you.

tunatownshipwreck
25th June 2014, 05:32
Came to Oregon, Washington & BC to load grain for Japan a lot in those years, I think I have a photo in the gallery. Ceres company.

A.D.FROST
25th June 2014, 08:42
Hope this helps,

allan proles
9th November 2014, 19:25
http://7seasvessels.com/?cat=273&paged=21

10 11 12th picture down

Kneale Barber
11th December 2015, 03:47
I saw your message re Marilyn L. I worked as an operations manager for Retla Steamship from 1972 to 1977 and the Marilyn L and several other Livanos vessels were on time charter to Retla during that period.

I seem to recollect discharging phosrock from the Marilyn In NZ and then loading grain in Australia for Asian ports discharge. The Marilyn also loaded steel and timber from Korea/ Singapore/ Malaysia for discharge in N Europe. The owner of Retla, Marvin Malmuth, had a close friendship with George Livanos, and we also had several minibulkers on charter at that time.

All the L class vessels were highly regarded by Retla and it was always a pleasure to deal with the various personnel.

Best regards

Kneale Barber