Nah then (as they say in lincolnshire)

ALBY2
6th July 2014, 11:45
Just retired with time on my hands, and found this site, lots of good stuff. I was with BP from 1971 to 86 before coming ashore to start a family. Hope to make more use of the site when I have completed my Wife's Job list and pm schedules.
Alan Bristow

Pompeyfan
6th July 2014, 12:05
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Alan.

billyboy
6th July 2014, 12:21
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Varley
6th July 2014, 12:58
Just retired with time on my hands, and found this site, lots of good stuff. I was with BP from 1971 to 86 before coming ashore to start a family. Hope to make more use of the site when I have completed my Wife's Job list and pm schedules.
Alan Bristow

So just "making family" from 1986 - no wonder you need a rest. This is a good place to get it too. Welcome.

Keith Adkins
6th July 2014, 21:32
You will never complete the "Wife's List"! It's like Pinnochio's Nose - it just gets longer and longer!

retfordmackem
6th July 2014, 22:20
Alan Bristow

Welcome aboard pal . You will enjoy this site . List your ships and I am sure Graham Wallace will get all the info you want of old shipmates via his vast supply of old ship movement lists .Have you got any ? .Alan Scott.

Graham Wallace
7th July 2014, 16:49
Hi Alan,

Welcome to Shipsnostalgia. We were briefly in touch in 2007, I'll send you an SN email and we can reconnect.

Graham

R58484956
11th July 2014, 16:54
Greetings Alan and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

mike christian
3rd October 2014, 21:11
hi Al.I too have just discovered this site,but sadly am still a wage slave!!!!How have the last 41 years since Fred & Dollie 's been?Do you hear from any of the other guys,? I've lost touch with everyone, but look on those days with great affection - at least those I can remember!!!Went back to Shields recently , but lytton street is now a housing estate , and no sign of the Chelsea Cat!!!! Mike

ALBY2
4th October 2014, 21:00
Hi Mike
good to hear from you, yes they were good days. I have kept in touch with a few from college but sadly they keep going to fiddlers green. Nigel Mudd died of leukemia about 10 years ago and Dave Cullum of Cancer early this year, Dave and I went to visit Dave Johnston who still lives in Hull about 10 years ago and I know Ted Green still lives near Yarmouth but I haven't seen him for years. I know what you mean about shields I went there about seven years ago and got completely lost
trust you are keeping well my home e-mail is a[email protected]
regards

Al

dannic
10th October 2014, 23:16
hi Al.I too have just discovered this site,but sadly am still a wage slave!!!!How have the last 41 years since Fred & Dollie 's been?Do you hear from any of the other guys,? I've lost touch with everyone, but look on those days with great affection - at least those I can remember!!!Went back to Shields recently , but lytton street is now a housing estate , and no sign of the Chelsea Cat!!!! Mike

Shields?Lytton Street? Fred & Dollie? Sounds familiar, tho a couple of years later. If I have it right, Fred was former shipping pool, Dollie was professional bingo player.........
Me and Bunny moved in January 77 think it was, great digs.

Dannic