Hello to you all

John Cole
12th July 2014, 11:19
My name is John Cole. I served my time with Esso Petroleum Company between 1953 and 1957.
I sailed with Esso in all ranks from 3rd mate to Master.
Eventually I was invited to become the Marine Supervisor at Fawley where I met many seamen I had known in the past.
I retired from Esso and started doing ship inspections on their behalf and on behalf of CDI.
I am now completely retired and living in South Hampshire.
I should be very pleased to make contact with some of the many ship mates I met during my years at sea.

Pompeyfan
12th July 2014, 11:24
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard John.

hawkey01
12th July 2014, 12:12
John,

welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

Gulpers
12th July 2014, 16:24
John,

Once again, on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you explore our threads and you have a good chance of re-establishing contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

billyboy
12th July 2014, 23:06
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
13th July 2014, 10:43
Greetings John and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

randcmackenzie
13th July 2014, 15:18
My name is John Cole. I served my time with Esso Petroleum Company between 1953 and 1957.
I sailed with Esso in all ranks from 3rd mate to Master.
Eventually I was invited to become the Marine Supervisor at Fawley where I met many seamen I had known in the past.
I retired from Esso and started doing ship inspections on their behalf and on behalf of CDI.
I am now completely retired and living in South Hampshire.
I should be very pleased to make contact with some of the many ship mates I met during my years at sea.

Hello John.

My uncle, Kenny MacKenzie, sailed with Esso for many years, latterly as Master.

He is now 92, still going strong, and has forgotten little or nothing.

I'll mention your name next time I speak to him.

Best Regards.

John Cole
14th July 2014, 11:09
For Randcmackenzie: Thank you for your welcoming note I remember your uncle Capt. K. Mackenzie - mainly from the time he was Chief Mate. I sailed with him on a few occasions as 2nd Mate. I'm pleased to hear he's still going strongly, please pass on my best regards. John Cole

Mike Boyle
14th July 2014, 13:54
Hello John, welcome aboard how is the fishing? We could do with you on the SIRE audits again for Whitakers!