Hello!

Gusty
17th July 2014, 22:58
Hi,
I'm not ex-RM or MN but have worked on quite a few of the survey and diving boats in the North Sea.
I've always had an interest in ships dating back to growing up in Belfast and visiting Harland and Wolf with my dad, who worked for one of their suppliers. I saw the largest ship ever to be launched down a slipway (a tanker called, I think, Mariana) and the launch of Seaquest down three slipways.

Anyway, the reason I have come here is to ask for some information about HMS Warspite (all of them but particularly the famous 03) for a book I am trying to write.
Oh, no, I hear you say, not another one!
Yes, I agree, the world does not need another history of Warspite but my book is actually a work of fiction that I am building around events in Warspite's life so I am more interested in some small details surrounding people involved with her.
Which would be the best forums to ask around in?
I am already planning a visit to Marazion, to Devenport, to Walsall local history museum and to the Greenwich Maritime Museum but any other suggested would be welcome - makes a fine holiday anyway!

Anyway, Hello again!

Dave

Pompeyfan
18th July 2014, 08:00
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Dave.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help with the information you are seeking. Good luck (Thumb)

hawkey01
18th July 2014, 11:14
Dave,

welcome to SN. Good luck with your research.

Hawkey01

R58484956
18th July 2014, 11:52
Greetings Dave and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
19th July 2014, 01:13
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer