Crinan 50 years

Angus Murray
28th July 2014, 06:23
Fifty years this day joined MV Crinan as one of twelve apprentices commencing their MN careers. A great adventure for a 17 year old and no regrets. Joined the vessel in Middlesbrough for first trip to Narvik for Port Talbot discharge. Of the twelve, six of us still in regular contact. Would be good to hear from the other six.

John Cassels
28th July 2014, 06:57
Must have been a year ahead of you Angus - joined her around this time in 1963
Santa Portablo.

Erimus
28th July 2014, 10:01
She was one of the last agencies I did about then before moving from BISCOre Middlesbrough to HQ in St.Helen's Place London......ah nostalgia!

Geoff

Gordon L Smeaton
28th July 2014, 10:52
Hi Angus,
Not to sure but think my brother Rodger Smeaton must have joined around this time but sure he joined in Glasgow along with Brendan Ward who now deceased.
Rodger still at sea but contemplating retiring.

weebobby
29th July 2014, 03:44
Did my final trip as apprentice February to May 1964 before going back to Leith for Second mates

Remember it as a hungry ship and it put me off returning to Denholms after getting my ticket

Bob

Angus Murray
29th July 2014, 07:31
Gordon
Rodger was probably in the intake previous to this. He was with me on the Port Campbell, along with Brendan Ward, and Bob Wood, on that vessel's last trip of the 5 year Port Line charter before being sold on return to the UK (Coinciding with the 1966 seamen's strike). Pass my regards to Rodger. Good to hear that he is still at sea.

Angus

Hi Angus,
Not to sure but think my brother Rodger Smeaton must have joined around this time but sure he joined in Glasgow along with Brendan Ward who now deceased.
Rodger still at sea but contemplating retiring.

r b quiery
29th July 2014, 09:48
I sailed with Bob Woods on the Naess Champion in1963. We where on her when she ploughed the sandbank in the gulf We did San pedro & ferndale before going to Kure for d/dock to get a new bottom in the fore peak back to no3 cargo tank. does anybody know where he went.
I did my first trip on the Crinan & also my first as 3/mate not a cadet ship then.