John Milroy

John Milroy
9th August 2014, 09:25
Hi I am the son of Captain Eric Milroy who was with John Manners & Co (Manners Navigation) for a number of years. He was on the West Breeze, San Miguel and many others. He also was Marine Superintendent in Hong Kong for a while. I have a considerable amount of old documentation and photos pertaining to this period in his maritime career. I might be able to fill in gaps to whoever is interested or maybe you can help me do the same

Pompeyfan
9th August 2014, 09:51
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard John.

billyboy
9th August 2014, 11:34
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.

John Briggs
9th August 2014, 20:32
Welcome to the site John.
If you could post some of your father's photos I'm sure they would be of particular interest to many of us who were ex Manners men.
Of course photos of this period of seagoing life would be of interest to a large number of members.

R58484956
10th August 2014, 18:01
Welome John and greetings on joining SN.Bon voyage.

John Milroy
11th August 2014, 05:28
John,
am in receipt of your reply to my joining the company. Will send letters and photos soon. I have letters and such pertaining to an incident in Cuba and also the French Gunboat connection

vic pitcher
11th August 2014, 08:41
Hi I am the son of Captain Eric Milroy who was with John Manners & Co (Manners Navigation) for a number of years. He was on the West Breeze, San Miguel and many others. He also was Marine Superintendent in Hong Kong for a while. I have a considerable amount of old documentation and photos pertaining to this period in his maritime career. I might be able to fill in gaps to whoever is interested or maybe you can help me do the same

John

Your father was Superintendent when i joined Manners in 1960.
I also sailed with him as 2nd Mate in West Breeze on a few trips to Cuba. I look forward to seeing photos etc posted.

Gulpers
11th August 2014, 10:20
John,

Also on behalf of the SN Moderators, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

riverview
11th August 2014, 21:05
Hi John
I'm sure my father captain ernest holmes would have known your dad.
Also Jennifer De la Sala was on the West Breeze with her husband Ernest and son Robert during the French affair.
My father was Captain on a number of manners ships in the 50's and early 60's.
Robert Holmes

John Milroy
14th August 2014, 06:33
Vic,
find attached letters and Clippings pertaining to the Cuba refugee incident. Also photos of refugees picked up etc.
When Dad was relieved of comand of the West Breeze in Suez does anyone know what ship he took over?
Regards,
John Milroy

vic pitcher
14th August 2014, 09:50
Vic,
find attached letters and Clippings pertaining to the Cuba refugee incident. Also photos of refugees picked up etc.
When Dad was relieved of comand of the West Breeze in Suez does anyone know what ship he took over?
Regards,
John Milroy

John

I have sent you a PM regarding communications between SN Members.

What I meant in my last posting was that it would be interesting to see any photos, etc. that you have, uploaded to the SN Gallery