Hello

toramark
9th August 2014, 10:55
I joined this site because I'm interested in tracking down the movements of my American grandmother, Dorothy Fairfax Heisman, who traveled from the U.S. by ship to Europe in 1897 (sometime after April). I believe she traveled to Germany before arriving in England where my father was born. She then made various trips to the U.S. according to her passport applications. I have not been able to find out the name of any ship she was on or what port she left from. The ticket agent she used was C.H. Bothman. Any help along would be appreciated.

billyboy
9th August 2014, 12:35
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.

Pompeyfan
9th August 2014, 13:25
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard toramark.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help with the information you are seeking, but the names of the ships or ports your grandmother left from would be a great help. Good luck (Thumb)

R58484956
11th August 2014, 18:26
Greetings toramark and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

toramark
16th August 2014, 03:12
Thanks for your greetings. I can't give you any names of ships or ports my grandmother left the U.S. aboard in her travels to Europe. All I know is she left sometime after April 1897 (she was 3 months pregnant with my father) and September that year. She made several trips to the States over the next few years, leaving the U.S. on various occasions on Nov. 23, 1899; Oct. 25. 1902; June 8, 1904; June 6, 1914. I was wondering if there are any records of U.S. ships leaving such East Coast ports as New York, Boston, Baltimore on these particular dates.

For the record, I have traveled aboard an Italian ship from Sydney to Singapore in 1962-63 and between Singapore and Japan via Messagaries Maritimes vessels (Viet Nam and Cambodge) in 1963-64. But only as a passenger.

Cheers