Star Princess

Woodbutcher
8th September 2014, 22:39
Have booked a cruise on the Star Princess in March next year,from San Francisco to Hawai,its to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary,has anyone done this cruise ?,or sailed on this ship ?.(Hippy)

ben27
8th September 2014, 23:09
good day woodbutcher,m,today.07:39.re:star princes.congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary.i have been to hawai,but not on a cruise ship.but my daughter and her husband did the cruise and they say nothing but good about the ship and the cruise staff.have a good time regards ben27

Woodbutcher
9th September 2014, 21:42
Thanks Ben,its one of the holidays the Mail advertises,we start off with three days in Las Vegas,then fly to San Francisco,and board the ship for a fifteen day cruise,then its back to San Francisco for two days before flying home.We are trying to do as much as we can before the time comes when we cant.

Mad Landsman
9th September 2014, 22:38
We did a trip on Star Princess in Jan 2013 - around the Horn.
Very enjoyable - British Officers quite amenable and helpful.
Great feeding as usual.

I was told that she was due for a mid-life refurb, so that is now well due! She might be looking a little tired.

You will, no doubt, return via Ensenada - otherwise US authorities class it as a domestic voyage.
Enjoy!

Woodbutcher
9th September 2014, 23:33
We did a trip on Star Princess in Jan 2013 - around the Horn.
Very enjoyable - British Officers quite amenable and helpful.
Great feeding as usual.

I was told that she was due for a mid-life refurb, so that is now well due! She might be looking a little tired.

You will, no doubt, return via Ensenada - otherwise US authorities class it as a domestic voyage.
Enjoy!
Yes we are returning via Esanada,ime looking a little tired my self and in need of a refurb,Cheers.

Pompeyfan
15th September 2014, 20:01
Woodbutcher

Have a great cruise. Star Princess is at Skagway Alaska today, been cruising in Alaska all summer.

Rutts
14th October 2014, 08:56
Did a cruise on Oriana in March 2012 from Auckland to San Francisco.
Stopped at Honolulu and then 5 days across to San Fran. Each day was colder
than the previous day until we arrived in SFO where it was bitterly cold. So it should be in reverse for you. Out of the total of 17 days on board the roughest day was the day before San Fran.
Just returned from 2 weeks in Hawaii about 10 days ago - lows of 20 deg C and highs of 31/32 deg C - very nice when Auckland was only getting highs of 16/17 deg C. If your are spending time on Hawaii try and get out to the other
islands, Waikiki is a bit over rated, busy and full of tourists (many of them Asians).

Woodbutcher
14th October 2014, 23:01
Hi Steve,i think that we got on the Oriana as you got off.We joined her for the last leg of her World cruise,yes we were suprised how cold it was in San Francisco.We had a good deal on that cruise,free flights from UK,hotel at Fishermans Wharf,and free city tour and meals,it was because it was the 75th anniversary of P&O.