Donald Sinden

Pat Kennedy
12th September 2014, 08:41
The stage, film and television actor Sir Donald Sinden has died at his home aged 90, his family has announced.
His screen debut was in The Cruel Sea, where he played Lieutenant Lockhart.
A brilliant actor with a most distinctive voice, my grandchildren were fascinated by his radio portrayal of the evil Abner Brown in the 'Box of Delights'
RIP

Leratty
12th September 2014, 09:06
Yes a good actor who had a good innings.

rickles23
12th September 2014, 09:12
Fair winds and calm seas
Sir Donald Sinden
RIP.

Regards

Varley
12th September 2014, 09:34
Agreed. He always amused and entertained. 90's not bad 'though.

waiwera
12th September 2014, 09:56
A good innings indeed. What is the cap badge he is wearing Pat? Thought he played the part of an RNVR Officer in the Cruel Sea? I know that Jack Hawkins was RNR (Not RNVR) but of course wearing a RN Cap Badge in the Film.

cueball44
12th September 2014, 13:07
R.I.P Sir Donald Sinden. One of our great actors.

Stephen J. Card
12th September 2014, 13:23
Right there at the top of the List of Best Actors!

RIP Lt. Cmdr. Lockheart! Not likely 'Cruel Sea' will ever forget.

Stephen

Lanzabry
12th September 2014, 15:59
A marvellous all-round drama and comedy actor who was always entertaining. RIP

holland25
12th September 2014, 22:51
A good innings indeed. What is the cap badge he is wearing Pat? Thought he played the part of an RNVR Officer in the Cruel Sea? I know that Jack Hawkins was RNR (Not RNVR) but of course wearing a RN Cap Badge in the Film.

I wonder if thats from when he played the Chief Officer in Captains Table. The ship was, I believe, one of the Orient Line.

ben27
13th September 2014, 00:05
donald sinden,a great actor.r.i.p.my condolences to his family.regards ben27

Donald McGhee
14th September 2014, 00:40
Another screen great gone to meet his maker. I enjoyed his movies and he is but one of a fair few recently to depart the mortal coil.
He was very good in the Cruel Sea.

At least he will be in good company; Joan Rivers, Dicky Attenborough, Robin Williams, Loren Bacall to name but a few who have recently left us. RIP Donald.

Dickyboy
14th September 2014, 01:39
A nice bloke he seemed to me, and not one of the British "Lovies"
I can't think of a film off hand that he actually starred in. That's good in my book.
RIP Sir Donal.

JohnD610
18th September 2014, 18:40
“...blue eyes as level as a foot rule, with wrinkles at the corners—the product of humour and of twenty years' staring at a thousand horizons.”
― Nicholas Monsarrat, The Cruel Sea

Rest In Peace