haswellian48

HaswellIan48
31st October 2014, 22:02
Hi Ian Williams looking for anyone who remembers me sailed mainly Shaw Savill Aranda,Alaric,Britannic and a few others on run jobs ended my sailing days on QE11 1973 (baker) 1 trip on Baltic Sun. nice to hear from anyone.

Pompeyfan
31st October 2014, 23:01
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Ian.

I remember Aranda coming to Auckland when I lived there. Hopefully, you will find former shipmates. Good luck (Thumb)

retfordmackem
1st November 2014, 11:47
Hi Ian Williams looking for anyone who remembers me sailed mainly Shaw Savill Aranda,Alaric,Britannic and a few others on run jobs ended my sailing days on QE11 1973 (baker) 1 trip on Baltic Sun. nice to hear from anyone.

Welcome aboard Ian. I also am a Haswellian ,born at 3 Barnard Sq in the snowstorm of July 1947.
My Brother Sid Scott(although in a care home now) still lives in Haswell as does his family .I will be in Shotton next weekend and will be over Haswell at sometime.
Welcom and have a good time on this site it is brilliant .

R58484956
1st November 2014, 16:54
Greetings Ian and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
1st November 2014, 22:23
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

HaswellIan48
9th November 2014, 15:04
[QUOTE=retfordmackem;1125474]Welcome aboard Ian. I also am a Haswellian ,born at 3 Barnard Sq in the snowstorm of July 1947.
My Brother Sid Scott(although in a care home now) still lives in Haswell as does his family .I will be in Shotton next weekend and will be over Haswell at sometime.
Welcom and have a good time on this site it is brilliant .[/QUOTE I think I can remember Sid are you related to the Wilkinsons? I cant remember Any brothers did you move to Shotton as a young boy? We must have met as kids in Haswell school. I was born 1948.

retfordmackem
11th November 2014, 19:07
[QUOTE=retfordmackem;1125474]Welcome aboard Ian. I also am a Haswellian ,born at 3 Barnard Sq in the snowstorm of July 1947.
Welcom and have a good time on this site it is brilliant .[/QUOTE I think I can remember Sid are you related to the Wilkinsons? I cant remember Any brothers did you move to Shotton as a young boy? We must have met as kids in Haswell school. I was born 1948.

Sid is in a care home at Seaham now . Yes we re related to the Wilkinsons ,my mother and there mother sisters (Tom ,Barry Keith Sheldon .Sidney).
We moved to Shotton 1953 after we got a colliery house after my brother jack aged 15 was killed on his second day of work at Shotton pit.
I was born summer 47 the bad snow one . Our Freddy must be your age .
Am back home now ,computer went on the blink at weekend .
Cheers for now.

HaswellIan48
13th November 2014, 16:08
Yes it was Fred I went to school with I was sad to see him move to Shotton I will be surprised if he can remember me I was in the same class as Keith. I am retired now and living at Wheatley Hill I too have bother with connection nice to hear from you regards to Fred if he remembers me. enjoyed my days at sea.

retfordmackem
13th November 2014, 19:11
Yes it was Fred I went to school with I was sad to see him move to Shotton I will be surprised if he can remember me I was in the same class as Keith. I am retired now and living at Wheatley Hill I too have bother with connection nice to hear from you regards to Fred if he remembers me. enjoyed my days at sea.

Unfortunately he is no longer with us,he died 10 yrs ago. I will pass your name onto our Keith though Ian . He goes in the Comrades every weekend at Shotton. He is having a new hip soon. Keep enjoying this site pal.