Hello from Rob

Rob Andrew
4th December 2006, 09:37
Hi,

Rob's the name. I've been dipping into Ships nostalgia and other maritime minded sites for a wee while now, mostly looking for images. Do any other newcomers feel at a bit of a disadvantage through not having a marine background of their own? My Buckie grandfather having been a steam drifter man is as near as I get - that and trying to make my way as a marine "artist", which is where the image hunting comes in. I've been dabbling for a while, but last Christmas, Fishing News gave me a page for my paintings and things have been getting better and better - so far.

I've not long finished my first big commission, Subsea 7's 2007 calendar which I think is the first they're distributing world-wide. Am currently digesting butterflies over it. Whatever else it's responsible for, it's added a variety of cable/pipe-layers, icebreakers and dive support vessels to the portfolio.

If I get round to posting an icon/avatar thingy, I might use my grandfather's boat, BCK.197 Connage.

Looking forward to picking the brains out there,

Regards,

Rob Andrew - arrynorm

R58484956
4th December 2006, 12:41
A warm welcome Rob to the site of SN enjoy what it has to offer and look forward to your offerings in due course.

non descript
4th December 2006, 15:09
Rob, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

Hugh MacLean
4th December 2006, 18:36
Welcome aboard, Rob, I hope you enjoy the site.
Regards

Rob Andrew
4th December 2006, 19:59
Thanks for the welcome guys. Read the above and posted some j-pegs of my work in response: Connage, The buckie Lifeboat and the supply vessel Far Supporter. Next post will be some proper photos, probably of Moray Firth fishing boats. Glad to be part of the crew.