Hello anyone from BP

D Sutton
4th December 2006, 21:49
Good evening all, I only have a short time to post a hello, I am doing some research on my fathers career at BP, His name was John Sutton joined in 1941 and retired in 1978 then went to work for stolt nielson until 1994 retiring aged 74, I shall post some bits in the BP thread over the coming weeks, I have some photos of crew members along with father some of you may be interested in, bear with me I dont always have lots of time.

David

gdynia
4th December 2006, 21:51
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy your time on site. Alot of BP Boys on site.

benjidog
4th December 2006, 21:54
Welcome to the site David.

Take your time - we will be here when you are ready to post the photos.

Regards,

Brian

non descript
4th December 2006, 22:06
David, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings, hopefully with news that you have found what you were seeking in terms of research of your father's career. Bon Voyage

thunderd
4th December 2006, 22:13
Welcome aboard David we look forward to your posts.

Hugh MacLean
4th December 2006, 22:29
Welcome aboard, David, I hope you enjoy the site.
Regards

Geoff_E
5th December 2006, 07:38
Welcome David, hope your search is fruitful. Was your dad a C/E the name rings very distant bells?

R58484956
5th December 2006, 10:45
Welcome David to the site of SN enjoy it and all it has to offer and looking forward to your photos, plenty of ex BTC lads on here.

Jim MacIntyre
11th December 2006, 23:15
Hello David
I joined the Stolt Nielsen chartering department in December 1982 during their Panocean Anco acquisition. I was transferred from Houston to Greenwich Ct. and for a while I was in the batchelor quarters apartments at Green Glen. I shared the accomodation with John for the first couple of months until I found permanent housing. At the time he was consulting on Stolt newbuildings at a shipyard in Korea.
My recollections of John were :
He insisted on the Mcneill-Lehrer report for the news every evening.
He organized the budget for food and drink in the apartment (we lived like kings - I was sorry I had to move out when my wife arrived...)
Stolt and the Korean yard were not on the best of terms at the time and John could relate some tales about incidents during his visits to Korea. (Tank lids mysteriously shut and dogged during Stolt inspections and so forth)
I think he moved on to Panama City Fl. when the shipowning group was relocated and other than crossing paths in the Greenwich office once in a while we lost touch.
Jim MacIntyre