empire pride

empson
6th December 2006, 16:40
Hello, I am trying to find any other ex 72 L A A regiment royal artillery members for my father Ralph Carnaby 22625469 who sailed from Liverpool for HongKong June 17 1952 on the Empire Pride. They disembarked July 18th 1952. Returning home 18 months later on the ill fated Empire Windrush. they were the lucky ones as on its next return home it caught fire and sank.
thanks
jan

gdynia
6th December 2006, 18:27
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy your time on site

Hugh MacLean
6th December 2006, 19:07
Welcome aboard, Jan, I hope you enjoy the site.
Regards

billyboy
6th December 2006, 21:48
hello empson. my older brother went out on the empire pride and came back on the orwel. he was scheduled for the windrush but she had enough aboard already so, he was detailed of for the orwell.
I will try to get in touch with him over the weekend to see what he can remember about it. I know he was in the R.E.M.E.

R58484956
7th December 2006, 09:41
Welcome Empson to this maritime site, enjoy what it has to offer and thanks for joining.

empson
7th December 2006, 13:02
thanks for that, my dad came back on the windrush, it sailed again and on its return caught fire and sank so guess i am lucky to be here to write this. He was only 21 when he went to hong kong for 18 months bu has many memories of his time there. as i said in my first post he would like to contact others who were on board with him
cheers jan
many thanks also for the welcome from you all
cheers jan