Say "Hello" to new member Janice

benjidog
7th December 2006, 23:43
Hi Janice,

I am going against the protocol here as this forum is intended for people to introduce themselves to the other members.

I have started this thread because you may not realise it but you were the 10,000th person to join the site so a special welcome to you!

I hope you enjoy the site - there is a lot on offer here.

Regards,

Brian

non descript
7th December 2006, 23:51
Janice,

May I echo the words of my colleague and extend a warm welcome to you.

Thank you for joining the community, it is not entirely clear whether being the 10,000th member entitles you to a halibut, or a blue seat, or just a stream of friendly support and comments; in any event please enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

agentroadrunner
8th December 2006, 05:22
Welcome Janice & well done Steve & all @ SN...10000 members!!!

...if you charged us 100 each, you'd be a millionaire steve!!! (Jester)

Andy

gdynia
8th December 2006, 08:48
Welcome onboard to SN Janice and the destinction of being Member 10,000

flyer682
8th December 2006, 09:23
We've scared her off now.........
Either that or she's so overcome by the emotion of being our 10,000th member.
Welcome aboard Janice.

djmorton
8th December 2006, 09:45
Well done Benjidog (1st) and others in welcoming our 10,000th member. I spotted this at 23:28 hours last night.
I'd like to also welcome Janice to this excellent site.
Let's hear from you Janice
Denis

Gulpers
8th December 2006, 09:52
Janice,

Congratulations on becoming our 10,000th member!(Applause)

......and a warm welcome to the site from Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
8th December 2006, 11:49
welcome aboard from the philippines Janice. enjoy all this great has on offer. congratulations on being #10,000.

R58484956
8th December 2006, 14:55
Welcome Janice to the site of SN enjoy it and all it has to offer.

Hugh MacLean
8th December 2006, 17:07
Welcome aboard, Janice, I hope you enjoy the site.
Regards

wee bobby
8th December 2006, 22:52
WELCOME TO THE SITE, JANICE You'll have a lot of interesting fun!!!!(Thumb)

Janice
8th December 2006, 23:12
Wow! What a welcome! Thank you, everyone. I am not sure if I am doing all this correctly - I'm no computer whiz.
I joined after finding the discussions about Niarchos ships. I worked at Niarchos in London in 1956/6, before marrying and emigrating to Canada almost 50 years ago. I'm on the Prairies (not much shipping to be seen) but make annual visits to our West Coast to get my sea and mountain "fix".
Now - how do I chime in to the Niarchos group?
Cheers - Janice

non descript
8th December 2006, 23:31
Well done Janice, you are doing just fine and the potato situation sounds more than likely, but I am sure that in Mount Street they were more than kind.

(Thumb)

benjidog
9th December 2006, 00:28
Hi Janice.

You can start by going to the Search tool which is at the top of every SN page. Click on it, type Niarchos in the box and you will find there are 20 threads to explore.

Then to to the Gallery tool - also at the top of every SN page. After opening the Gallery, look for the Search tool there and click on it. You will get a panel into which you can put search criteria. Type in Niarchos as the keyword and start the search and you will find a fair number of photos.

If you get stuck, send a Personal Message to one of the Moderators and we will try to help you - their names show up in bold type on the list of people logged on. Guess what - you can get to Personal Messages from the menu as well - look for the Quick Links tool - you can get to it from there.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian

tabnab44
9th December 2006, 10:51
Welcome Janice, I think this site is just brilliant and has that very special SEAFARING SPIRIT about it ...well done everyone !