Eggo

Eggo
11th December 2006, 17:07
Hello shipmates ,any Blue Funnel boys from the sixties out there. I'm ex Odyssey works and trained by the greatest bosun of them all (Obrien or OB ) for the uninitiated .Any one remember Capt Eyenon ????.Waltzing matilda in Hong Kong & Clancy's bar. My father who is 84 served on HMS Sumar ,an armed yacht based in Jamaica during the war and I am looking for a photograph of it

gdynia
11th December 2006, 18:16
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Gulpers
11th December 2006, 18:53
Eggo,

A warm welcome to the site, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
I am sure that someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around the site. (Thumb)

non descript
11th December 2006, 19:34
Eggo, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and posting a "hello"; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings to say how your search has been going. Bon Voyage

Hugh MacLean
11th December 2006, 20:38
Welcome aboard, Eggo, I hope you enjoy the site.
Regards

thunderd
11th December 2006, 22:13
Another hearty welcome from me too eggo, we look forward to your posts.

benjidog
12th December 2006, 08:58
Welcome Eggo.

I hope you enjoy the site. We look forward to your contributions.

Regards,

Brian

R58484956
12th December 2006, 09:40
Welcome Eggo to SN enjoy it and all it has to offer.

Trader
12th December 2006, 16:59
Hello shipmates ,any Blue Funnel boys from the sixties out there. I'm ex Odyssey works and trained by the greatest bosun of them all (Obrien or OB ) for the uninitiated .Any one remember Capt Eyenon ????.Waltzing matilda in Hong Kong & Clancy's bar. My father who is 84 served on HMS Sumar ,an armed yacht based in Jamaica during the war and I am looking for a photograph of it

Hello there Eggo,

I was there before you, 1952 until 1956. I remember a Mr. Eynon who was Chief Mate on the "Bellerophon" when I was there as deck boy. A nice man, probably the same man.

Trader.

Trader
12th December 2006, 17:19
Sorry Eggo,

I forgot to welcome you to the site. Plenty of Blue Funnellers on here.I am sure that you will enjoy it.

Trader