Stan Mayes

stan mayes
13th December 2006, 21:46
I served in merchant navy 1936 to 1956 followed by 30 years as a ships rigger in Thames area . [ Sailed 32 ships in MN and worked on 3107 ships of all nationalities as a rigger ] Anyone who knows me,it would nice to hear from them ...Stan Mayes of Gravesend

thunderd
13th December 2006, 22:21
Stan we don't know each other but I'd like to offer you a warm welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it.

gdynia
14th December 2006, 08:47
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

billyboy
14th December 2006, 09:21
welcom aboard Stan. hope you enjoy this great site as much as we all do.
Ever come across a dutchman name of Clause? he was a rigger on the thames, lived in the Dalston area mate

R58484956
14th December 2006, 09:26
Welcome Stan to SN enjoy what you see.

Clive Anthony Fisher
14th December 2006, 09:56
Welcome aboard Stan from Sydney Australia. What took you so long to join? It's all free and you'll find that once you click on it's hard to walk away. It will be your new pastime and, as I know you through having sailed with my father,in the 1940s. I'm sure you'll be a valuable member and be made to feel most welcome by all your shipmates on SN.

Regards, Clive

Hugh MacLean
14th December 2006, 18:09
Hello Stan,

Very glad you have found your way to this site. I am sure many members will benefit from your experience.

Welcome aboard!

Regards (Thumb)

DURANGO
14th December 2006, 19:20
I served in merchant navy 1936 to 1956 followed by 30 years as a ships rigger in Thames area . [ Sailed 32 ships in MN and worked on 3107 ships of all nationalities as a rigger ] Anyone who knows me,it would nice to hear from them ...Stan Mayes of Gravesend Hello Stan welcome aboard mate nice to be with a bosun from the real ships ,all long gone now mate , they may have taken our ships but our wonderful memorys live on through the good old boys on these merchant navy sites trust you are well great to be in your company again on september the 3rd at Tower Hill be lucky mate Dave .

benjidog
14th December 2006, 21:30
Another welcome Stan.

I am sure you will find the site and its inhabitants of great interest. Make the most of what is available - we look forward to your contributions.

Regards,

Brian

stan mayes
16th September 2007, 22:27
These are the wonderful welcomes I had when I joined this great site..
Now I see an old friend Jimmy Poole has come aboard without me being aware of it..
So,a big welcome to you Jimmy. With your wealth of knowledge regarding shipping you will be a valuable asset to this excellent site..
Best wishes Stan..

sparkie2182
16th September 2007, 22:28
hello from cumbria

laccono
17th September 2007, 20:49
With this hot reception of yours, I am not going to touch never again ashore, I transform myself in the husband of the siren
Thanks you, comrades of sea !
Greetings
Ferdinand Laccono