Hello from Louise Seuneke

Louise.s
16th December 2006, 21:37
Hello

Anybody out there remember me? I worked for p&o ferries in Felixstowe from 1991 to 1995, on the pride of: suffolk, freeway, tideway and the 2 up north, rathlin and ailsa. Would love to hear from anyone who remembers me.

Coastie
16th December 2006, 21:42
I've never met you, Louise, but a very warm welcome from me to Shipsnostalgia. I hope you have many hours of enjoyment here. It can be a bit addictive though, as, I'm sure you'll find.

Louise.s
16th December 2006, 22:03
Thanks, im very keen to see if there is anyone out there who remembers me.

amandar
16th December 2006, 22:15
I remember you :)

non descript
16th December 2006, 22:17
Louise, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

R58484956
17th December 2006, 15:12
Another warm welcome Louise, enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

benjidog
17th December 2006, 15:28
Welcome Louise.

I am sure there will be someone amongst the 10,000+ members who knows you. Keep checking from time to time.

In any case there is a lot to see here and some interesting and well-informed people.

Regards,

Brian

tanker
17th December 2006, 15:30
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp

gdynia
17th December 2006, 18:50
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy your time on site

Hugh MacLean
17th December 2006, 19:16
Welcome aboard, Louise, I hope you enjoy the site.

Louise.s
18th December 2006, 19:47
thanks guys(Thumb)

Hawkeye
19th December 2006, 14:31
Hi Loiuse

I Joined the Baltic Ferry in 1989 and left in 1995. She became the Pride of Suffolk in 1992.

I remember your first trip on the Baltic as she was when you joined. You joined on New Years Eve, one trip to Zeebrugge and ashore for the New Year in Blakenberg, just along the coast.

You may have already heard that Amanda is on this site.

Welcome to the site.

Regards
Karl

Louise.s
20th December 2006, 20:21
Hi Karl

Yes, i remember our games of backgammon(Jester) Who was the guy we played with (wore glasses)?? What happened to all the others?? What ever happened to willie - remember - the old scots guy in the cafe???(==D)

Hawkeye
20th December 2006, 23:40
Hi Karl

Yes, i remember our games of backgammon(Jester) Who was the guy we played with (wore glasses)?? What happened to all the others?? What ever happened to willie - remember - the old scots guy in the cafe???(==D)

Hi Louise

I remeber the games well. The crew that played regularly were the likes of Worzel, Bob Blackwood, Paul Clayton, Neil Lovell, yourself, myself, and prosibly Phil Povey (the night Purser, he wore glasses). I haven't heard from any of them since they left. I was in regular contact with Bob but he moved to Lincoln and I think I lost his new number.
The 'Willie' from the Cafe, if I remember rightly was Billy Dundas, from Southampton. He looks a bit like the guy in the Hamlet Advert trying to have a photo taken in a booth. Again I haven't heard from him. Other I remember are Lynn Dench. Although I haven't been in touch with, she was running a pub in Ipswich. I keep meaning to pop in one day, but never have. Brain Jones & Manny Linch, both at Sea School with me have recently left the company in the last two years or so. I spoke to Mark Waller at a party in Holland and he is fine. Ada is still here, as is Coops, Snowy (another night Purser), Kevin Lambert, Duncan, (cook), Debbie Chambers, Frank Murphy and many others, although the list is getting shorter. As I said in another thread, Jimmy, Bricky are both on this ship with me. On the opposite watch is another AB, Robby Ward. Amanda got in touch recently (as you may know) and is in touch with Shelia & Julie.
Another steward you may remember is Martin. Sadly Martin was killed in a car accident on the Orwell Bridge some years ago, (Can't remember which year), just before Christmas.

I'll try to think of the others.

Regards
Karl

billyboy
21st December 2006, 07:12
welcome aboard from the philippines. enjoy all this great site has to offer. (looks like you are off to a flying start already)

Louise.s
21st December 2006, 18:56
karl, yes, i remember about martin as i was called in to replace him. I remember all those people you named. Is Worzel still about? I think the chippy - weird one with pony tail and going bald, think his last name was howlett was sent to prison - to do with drugs or something.

Hawkeye
21st December 2006, 23:13
Hi Louise

Yes, his name was David, or Wolf. I have also heard the story of him doing time, from other sources. Worzel, I haven't heard or seen for a long time. Someone who I do see sometimes is Colin Davison (aka Cabbage Head). He would have sailed here in Felixstowe and up north in Cairnyran. He also did time. He now lives in Corby. I didn't realise you came back for Martin. I thought it was Zoe, who took his roster slot after she came back from Princess. It was a long time ago and memories fade with time.

Regards

Karl

amandar
22nd December 2006, 18:22
I saw Manny the other day in town. Think he works for the council now.
I am sure that Zoe replaced Martin, and then she was made redundant again :)
I saw John Law the other week, think Lorraine lives near him still

Amanda x

Hawkeye
22nd December 2006, 23:03
Hi Amanda

Yes Zoe did take Martin's slot in the roster. She took redundency when the Polish came onto the ships, went around the world with her boyfriend, came back a year later, married and settled down in the North of the country. She has gone back to selling houses. The reason they went there was the boyfriend's employer gave him his job back, but not in the same location.

How is Manny & is he still with Dawn?

Regards

Karl

ShipWorksJP
22nd December 2006, 23:35
Hello?
I'm a newbie... could someone tell me how and where I could learn what part of a boat is what? I would like to learn more about boats in depth...any suggestion is welcome...

Thank you!^^

Patalavaca
23rd December 2006, 00:27
A sincere welcome to Ships Nostalgia Louise.

I do not venture much into the Forums side, I stay on the " Photo's" side but have just taken a peek here for the first time in ages...

The world is such a ridiculously small place, & what I have to say, I hope, will not upset anyone.

I have just read all the posts here and nearly fell off my chair when mention was made of the death of Martin in the road accident.

I was the Police Officer who dealt with the case.

It happened on 2nd. December 1997.
I did not know Martin but obviously got to know his parents.

Martin's car came to stop because it ran out of petrol as he drove up the Orwell Bridge on his way home.

He had arranged to leave the ship one day early in order to see a football match & had asked Phillip Goodall to cover him for that extra day.

I knew Phillip because his Dad & my Dad had been boat fishermen at Felixstowe in the 1950's.

He stopped on the road but did not get out of his vehicle.
In the ulimate irony , a colleague was dealing with another broken down vehicle on the OTHER carriageway at the same spot. He signalled to Martin that he would come to his aid as soon as he could. But an HGV then struck Martins' car with such force that Martin was killed outright .

I recall the incident for many reasons, not least because the Heavy Goods vehicle driver & the company which owned it were found to be involved in some serious "other " offences which took many weeks to investigate.

A tragic event for many people .

However , this site is NOT about misery ! So I hope I haven't scared you off.....
It's about Nostalgia and Happy memories , so I hope you find many here.

Regards,
Rick

Hawkeye
23rd December 2006, 14:44
Hi Rick

It is indeed a small world. I know Phil (I stayed in touch with him after he started on the trains). He blamed himself when he found out what had happened (if I hadn't come back early, etc.)
Many of the crew on my current ship also knew him, not just because he was a Harwich boy, I then remembered he also worked on the Harwich ships before coming over to P&O at Felixstowe. I have many memories of working with Martin & I may have been one the last on the ship to speak to him. I was certinaly the last to know as that week I was the Mess Room Steward. Everyone else knew because they found out when the ship docked in Felixstowe at 02.00. I start work at about 7, when there is no one about but a cook, who told me what happened.

Regards

Karl

Patalavaca
24th December 2006, 22:51
Hi Karl,
thanks for the message .
I am still dumbfounded that Martin's name has appeared here ( amazingly ) 9 years after the tragedy.

I am glad to know he was well thought of. He had just bought his first little house in Harwich or Dovercourt and it broke his parents hearts to have to clear it out after his death.

I have not seen Phil for a few years & I hate to say it , but the last time was at his Dad's funeral. I knew the family quite well .
His dad, Dougie, was a well known beach fisherman to the end. He caught and sold crabs, lobsters & fish in season from his boat.

Back in the 60's & 70's , during the Summer months , he ran tours in his fishing boat .
I can still hear him shouting to the holidaymakers: " Trips round the bay in a motorboat!" he also did the longer voyage out and around the old Cork lightvessel.

When Dougie did the trips I looked after his small fleet of dinghies which were rented out for 5 shillings an hour . That was where I learnt to row and it helped at the Sea School a few years later, in 1973, when I was in the team which won the Thames Regatta!

Can you remember another P&O steward who I think left the company under
" odd" circumstances... his name was "Trent " or something like that, a real laugh.......! If you know him, you will know what I mean .

Regards
Rick

amandar
30th December 2006, 20:40
It is scary that it is 9 years since Martin was killed. I was looking through some old ship photos and came across a few from one christmas onboard The Pride of Suffolk when Martin was onboad.

I met some fab friends working for P & O and Princess Cruises. Loads of god memories too.

Amanda x

Hawkeye
2nd January 2007, 14:59
Hi Karl,
thanks for the message .
I am still dumbfounded that Martin's name has appeared here ( amazingly ) 9 years after the tragedy.

I am glad to know he was well thought of. He had just bought his first little house in Harwich or Dovercourt and it broke his parents hearts to have to clear it out after his death.

I have not seen Phil for a few years & I hate to say it , but the last time was at his Dad's funeral. I knew the family quite well .
His dad, Dougie, was a well known beach fisherman to the end. He caught and sold crabs, lobsters & fish in season from his boat.

Back in the 60's & 70's , during the Summer months , he ran tours in his fishing boat .
I can still hear him shouting to the holidaymakers: " Trips round the bay in a motorboat!" he also did the longer voyage out and around the old Cork lightvessel.

When Dougie did the trips I looked after his small fleet of dinghies which were rented out for 5 shillings an hour . That was where I learnt to row and it helped at the Sea School a few years later, in 1973, when I was in the team which won the Thames Regatta!

Can you remember another P&O steward who I think left the company under
" odd" circumstances... his name was "Trent " or something like that, a real laugh.......! If you know him, you will know what I mean .

Regards
Rick

Yes I remember Trent well. He ended up as a barman on the Nordic / Flanders. I can remember why he left, but I don't feel I should air it on this site.
As for Phil, he is now married and living in Ipswich. His dad knew the lass he married. They met just before he died. I have sent him an e-mail with a link to this site in it, suggesting he should sign up. I don't know if he has.
Regards
Karl

Patalavaca
8th January 2007, 11:39
Thanks Karl,
it would be good to see Phil again- I knew his Mum well too & was always bumping into them in town, but since his dad died I have not seen them at all.....dunno why.
By all means let Phil know of my e-mail address & if he wants to communicate then he can.

I agree with what you said about Trent - wonder where he is now - I remember being aboard one of the P&O ferries in Felixstowe and him pushing a huge glass of brandy at me - at 8 in the morning!

regards,
Rick

Louise.s
8th January 2007, 19:17
Karl, did you goto philips birthday party that time with the strippers???
We used to give each other james bond quizzes LOL. And then whinge about willies dundas while we set up the cafe(Jester)
It is indeed a small world. And i have been happily round it 4 times(Thumb)

Hawkeye
8th January 2007, 23:24
Hi Louise

I did have an invite, but didn't attend as I was at home. But I did see the video that was made. It was his 21st. I understand the stippers were told to tone it down a bit because the rest of the crew who hired them didn't know how his mother would react. He did enjoy it.

I remember the James Bond quizes. We were trying to catch him out, but never succeded. It also happened on the Tideway when he went on there with me. Again Arthur (old Steward, remember him?) had to give up.

Regards
Karl