Jeest me

Tommy Ralston
18th December 2006, 20:08
New to all this - started ring-net fishing 55 years ago, ended my seagoing career 15 years ago as Cox/Mech of Mallaig Lifeboat. Have written 3 books on my life and times!
Tommy Ralston

Frank P
18th December 2006, 21:11
Welcome onboard Tommy, enjoy thesite.

Frank

benjidog
18th December 2006, 21:47
You are very welcome Tommy.

I hope you enjoy the site and make the most of the facilities available.

You will soon get used to posting messages - you have made a good start already. We look forward to your contributions.

If you have any problems using the site please send a Personal Message to me or one of the other Moderators and we will do our best to help you.

Regards,

Brian

thunderd
18th December 2006, 22:17
Good to have you with us Tommy, enjoy the site and we look froward to your posts.

gdynia
19th December 2006, 08:50
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy your time on site

R58484956
19th December 2006, 12:23
Welcome Tommy to the site of SN, no doubt you have some short stories to relate on site of your adventures.

Hugh MacLean
19th December 2006, 17:31
Welcome Tommy, to SN, I hope you enjoy the site.
I live down the road from Mallaig, at Fort William,

Regards (Thumb)

Galley Boy
19th December 2006, 20:06
Welcome to SN Tommy,lots to interest you here,loved your book "To The Edge",also "My Captains",any more in the pipeline?
------------
Regards Cliff

Tommy Ralston
28th December 2008, 21:04
Just published another one in November 2008, Cliff. It is called 'Silver Threads' and is published by PlashMill Press. See it online at Plashmill's website, and read a free chapter!
Tommy R.

Tommy Ralston
28th December 2008, 21:16
Welcome Tommy, to SN, I hope you enjoy the site.
I live down the road from Mallaig, at Fort William,

Regards (Thumb)
Loads of odd/funny things I recall, Hugh. Remember once being aboard a yacht, 'Gunna' that was visiting Mallaig.
They had a framed letter on a bulkhead warning them that a repetition of bad language on their M/F radio would mean the loss of their licence.
Asking about it brought the tale that they had been trying for a link call through Oban Radio, who could not make out their name properly - they persisted in trying, "Yacht Canna"
Getting a bit pissed off the skipper called Oban : Oban radio, this is yacht 'Gunna'. I spell, G - Gonorrhea, U - Urine, N - Nackers, N - Nackers, A - A******E.
Of course, that was received 'Loud and Clear', and the letter followed!
Lovely days.
TR

billyboy
28th December 2008, 21:21
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

BobDixon
30th December 2008, 00:00
Loads of odd/funny things I recall, Hugh. Remember once being aboard a yacht, 'Gunna' that was visiting Mallaig.
They had a framed letter on a bulkhead warning them that a repetition of bad language on their M/F radio would mean the loss of their licence.
Asking about it brought the tale that they had been trying for a link call through Oban Radio, who could not make out their name properly - they persisted in trying, "Yacht Canna"
Getting a bit pissed off the skipper called Oban : Oban radio, this is yacht 'Gunna'. I spell, G - Gonorrhea, U - Urine, N - Nackers, N - Nackers, A - A******E.
Of course, that was received 'Loud and Clear', and the letter followed!
Lovely days.
TR
I like it - I'd love to have known who's signature was on the letter !!!

P.S. (as a former Manager of GNE) It wisnae me mister !!

Hugh MacLean
30th December 2008, 09:17
Nice one Tommy - certainly a different take on the phonetic alphabet guaranteed to focus the receiving operator's attention,(LOL)
Regards