Welcome to member ShipWorksJP

ShipWorksJP
22nd December 2006, 23:17
Ahoy There!!!

I'm an aspiring artist who seeks to write, draw, and design ships just for personal pleasure. Apparently I do not know anything about ships so I'm here to learn. I hope I do not sound too selfish?

I would like to know the design aspect that makes a ship sturdy. I would love to learn the names, the costs and the pain that requires well maintenance. Not only that, I wish to learn what new and old ships are like, what makes them special... you get the idea.

Another thing that sparks my interest in ships is because of my mother's dream of me purchasing a yacht for her... Ahahahahahahahaha!
It's true believe me.

Anywho, please refer to me as JP. Thanks and Good Day to all!!
And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

-JP

benjidog
23rd December 2006, 15:57
Welcome to the site JP.

I have moved your post into a separate thread so people can get to know you - we try and keep a separate thread for each new member.

I am sure you will find a lot to interest you here - take a good look around.

Regards,

Brian

R58484956
23rd December 2006, 16:13
Welcome Shipwork to SN enjoy it and all it has to offer and a merry christmas to you.

tanker
23rd December 2006, 16:15
Welcome aboard from Italy--- I add a little piece of my artwork whrn i was young in the end 60s.i hope is good for you CIAO
Gp

jim barnes
23rd December 2006, 16:52
Welcome, i spent a few years at sea not as much as others here on this site and i don't know the answers either?

Gulpers
24th December 2006, 03:01
JP,

A warm welcome to the site from Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

dom
24th December 2006, 06:27
this is the right site for you JP happy christmas

billyboy
24th December 2006, 07:31
welcome aboard JP, enjoy all this great site has to offer.
het yourself down to the dry dock in Sydney, I am having a major redesign done on my "Virtual yacht" need a guy like you to help out mate...LOL

gdynia
24th December 2006, 09:06
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage