Oakworth

reduster
27th December 2006, 10:15
Hi to all, new to board i am looking for a picture of the Oakworth from 1970-75 if anyone can post one i would be delighted.

K urgess
27th December 2006, 10:47
Welcome reduster.

You're bound to find someone with a decent photo.

I was Oakworthed twice (75 & 76). The only pic I can find is from the back tied up somewhere in Africa. I was having camera trouble at the time. If I can find it I'll post it but it may take me a while.

See from your profile you were Purser. I sailed with Jack & Mary Young and Jimmy & Alice Porter as Pursers and spouses.

Cheers

R58484956
27th December 2006, 11:28
Welcome Reduster to the site and a happy new year to you.

Frank P
27th December 2006, 11:52
Welcome onboard reduster, enjoy the site.

Frank

non descript
27th December 2006, 12:07
Reduster, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

benjidog
27th December 2006, 15:28
Welcome to SN,

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Please make good use of the facilities available here.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
27th December 2006, 19:51
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

reduster
29th December 2006, 10:09
Thanks to all who have replied, will need to look in discharge book for dates but it was a phosphate trip to casablanca in 73/74, we joined in rotterdam, i was crew mess man. Mostly newcastle crowd and i think they were in the fa cup final that summer, but my memory is not as good as it used to be.Main memory is of the cook who used to drink wee green cans of guinness all day.

Gulpers
29th December 2006, 17:29
Reduster,

......and a warm welcome to the site from me too! I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

danube4
29th December 2006, 18:35
welcome Reduster,Try www.photoship.co.uk/
pic of Oakworth,maybe the one you want, under O
Barney.

K urgess
29th December 2006, 21:36
Sorry Barney, wrong Oakworth, I'm afraid.
The one Reduster and I sailed on was built in 1972 by Cammel Laird.
Thanks anyway.

Patalavaca
30th December 2006, 00:42
Hi Reduster & welcome to the site,
I hope you enjoy your time on here.

I may be able to help you with your request - so to speak.The only problem being that I don't know if this is the same ship or an earlier one .

How about movies ?

If you have broadband then be patient and watch these,I do not think you will be disappointed . Don't be tempted to skip, just be patient .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_4FKLS4Ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7d4bbOUisw&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxWIk1LKnw&mode=related&search=

Regards,
Rick

ruud
30th December 2006, 08:37
Ahoy Rick,
GREAT VID'S AND VERY GOOD MUSIC CHOICE.
EXCELLENT!!!!!

K urgess
30th December 2006, 12:30
Great movies, Rick. Nice try

Unfortunately not really WORTHy but a bit WOODen.

If you get my drift.(POP)

Patalavaca
30th December 2006, 12:45
Kris,
pince-nez are NOW on my nose and I have also OPENED my myopic eyes.

Whoops !! I was too eager to share those clips.

Glad you liked them Ruud, I thought the music was edited so well onto the movies !

Regards,
Rick

K urgess
31st December 2006, 00:54
OK Rick, the movies were still excellent.

I'll save any more embarrassment. I've just posted 3 pics in the gallery of the Geordie rustbucket. Not very good ones and if anyone can come up with a better version it would be much appreciated.

quietman
13th January 2007, 08:21
Just come across your Hello.Im having the same problem as you are with obtaining a picture of the Oakworth. I sailed on her in 78 and took her from flushing to Oz then dry dock in Japan where she was sold from under us. For some reason I seem not to have taken any photos of her either.