Finnamore Valley

DanLondon
16th December 2014, 13:38
Hello, we have a hand made Christmas menu for 1962 for the Finnamore Valley. It has been beautifully made out of an old sea chart and has all the dinner guests listed as well as the catering staff and the christmas meal menu. Do you know anyone who would be interested, The cover is decorated in the ships crest and drawing of the funnel.
We came across it tucked in a book years ago which probably originated in Wantage and have no personal interest in it but as it is so beautifully made and has survived this long thought it should be kept in the interests of historical record.
Kind regards
Danny
Any replies could you please send through the forum as I can't seem to access my personal messages
Thanks

trotterdotpom
16th December 2014, 20:40
Finnamore Valley was owned by London & Overseas Freighters, think there is a photo in the Gallery.

Can you scan and post the menu, Dan? I'd be interested to see the menu, particularly the names.

John T

Pompeyfan
16th December 2014, 20:52
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Danny.

billyboy
17th December 2014, 05:13
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
17th December 2014, 16:44
Greetings Danny and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

DanLondon
19th December 2014, 13:40
Thanks for the welcome, John T our scanner is being temperamental at the moment but will try and get the image on here at some point and will also type out the names when I get a bit of time later. Glad its of interest. Someone might recognise some of the names
All the best
Dan

trotterdotpom
19th December 2014, 17:09
Thanks Dan.

John T