Hi from Anna

Annakucat
2nd January 2007, 16:48
Hello there, my name is Anna Kucharska, I sailed with my husband Tad with the Bank Line in the late 70s & 80s, + a couple of trips with Blue Star as well. The only sailing I do these days is on the paddle steamer Waverley in the summer.
My late father Jimmy Smith of Glasgow, was a sparks on HMS Honeysuckle during WW2.

gdynia
2nd January 2007, 16:49
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

tanker
2nd January 2007, 17:00
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp

non descript
2nd January 2007, 18:11
Anna, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

benjidog
2nd January 2007, 22:40
Welcome from Lancashire Anna.

I hope you find lots to interest you here.

Regards,

Brian

Richard Green
3rd January 2007, 21:04
Hi Anna,

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

My father was on the South American Freight Lines motor freighter St. Essylt on its way with troops and equipment to support the landings in Sicily when it was torpedoed off the Algerian coast by U375 on 4.7.43 along with the City of Venice. The Master Captain S. Diggins, 53 crew, 24 gunners and 319 military personenel were picked up by the corvettes HMS Honeysuckle and Rododendron and the tug HMS Restive. I have no idea which of the three ships rescued my dad but a belated thanks anyway. I would not have been writing this if yours hadn't been around and doing a first rate job.....

Gulpers
3rd January 2007, 23:11
Anna,

......and a warm welcome to the site from Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

bobby388
4th January 2007, 01:51
Welcome aboard Anna did your dad Jimmy come from govan?enjoy the site and all on offer
Bobby(Glasgow)

R58484956
4th January 2007, 12:45
Welcome onboard the SN site Anna enjoy what it has to offer and a happy new year to you.Bon voyage.

Annakucat
4th January 2007, 17:46
Hi Richard, Thanks for letting me know your story - it really means a great deal to me.
Regards, Anna

Annakucat
4th January 2007, 17:50
Hi Bobby, My Dad came from Pollokshaws, but after the war joined the police & was at Govan Police Station for quite a few years.

regrads,

Anna