Corinthic 1964

raybnz
24th December 2014, 03:44
Every Christmas Eve I remember back to 1964 and as a Junior Engineer we sailed from Wellington for London. Its now fifty years since that date but the memory is still very fresh in my mind. She was a good ship with a happy bunch of engineers.

She was a First Class Passenger cargo ship and us engineers lived very well eating the same as the passengers.

Great memories.

Merry Christmas and the very best for the New Year to all.

waiwera
24th December 2014, 17:46
Hi Raybanz. Remember Xmas in Wellington in 1964. I think both Ceramic and Corinthic were in Port at the time. I was a cadet on Waiwera but they managed to finish loading us for the Uk on Xmas Eve. So it was Christmas at sea for us. I remember that Shaw Savill took advantage of so many ships in port at the same time to arrrange Certificate Lifeboat Courses and Exams. So, as six first trip cadets fresh from presea college, we were press ganged to act as crew for all the novive coxwains. Sailed on Corinthic a few years later as Third Mate but by that time the big ic first class passenger ships were all cargo only>

alaric
26th December 2014, 01:01
Every Christmas Eve I remember back to 1964 and as a Junior Engineer we sailed from Wellington for London. Its now fifty years since that date but the memory is still very fresh in my mind. She was a good ship with a happy bunch of engineers.

She was a First Class Passenger cargo ship and us engineers lived very well eating the same as the passengers.

Great memories.

Merry Christmas and the very best for the New Year to all.

Hello Ray,
Difficult to believe it was half a century away! But yes, we did live well.
Alan Myatt sent me the attachment last week.
Best wishes for 2015

LenT
5th March 2015, 01:34
Unfortunately the attached 'Passenger List" didn't go down to 4th Engineer. That was me, Len Tarleton. Previous threads on this include the Spud fight with the US Coastguard or was it US Navy'

G'day Alaric, have just seen your Asbestosis Thread

alaric
5th March 2015, 11:32
Unfortunately the attached 'Passenger List" didn't go down to 4th Engineer. That was me, Len Tarleton. Previous threads on this include the Spud fight with the US Coastguard or was it US Navy'

G'day Alaric, have just seen your Asbestosis Thread

The cover page is a 'Passenger' list, the 'Crew' were not mentioned!!!!
Thanks Len, for putting on an extra burner to stoke up interest in asbestos.