Cherry Venture

Dale
5th January 2007, 04:34
Hi
I am a freelance writer, contracted by QPWS, to research the full story of the Cherry Venture: her origins, the storm, the rescue, attempted salvage, the decomposing wreck, her ultimate removal.
The aim is to have an interpretive sign erected on site when the wreck is finally removed (imminent).
Any information and photos would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Dale Jacobsen

non descript
5th January 2007, 07:22
Dale, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer in your research. We are always grateful when people tell us of their particular motives for joining the site, it is appreciated and very much in the spirit of generosity and support that is the hall mark of Ships Nostalgia. We very much look forward to your postings as to your progress. Bon Voyage

thunderd
5th January 2007, 07:24
Welcome to the site Dale. I'm sure there is a fair bit about the Cherry Venture already here if you use the search facility.

Dale
5th January 2007, 07:36
Thanks for the welcome, will keep the list posted. The job should all be over in a month, so will let everyone know what I find out.
cheers
Dale

Dale, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer in your research. We are always grateful when people tell us of their particular motives for joining the site, it is appreciated and very much in the spirit of generosity and support that is the hall mark of Ships Nostalgia. We very much look forward to your postings as to your progress. Bon Voyage

gdynia
5th January 2007, 08:41
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

R58484956
5th January 2007, 10:08
Welcome Dale to the site and thanks for joining and look forward to your postings. Bon voyage.

Dale
20th June 2007, 01:25
I have finished the Cherry Venture project; QPWS has had the old wreck removed and there is now a handsome sign telling the complete story of the Cherry Venture. If anyone is up that way, hope you enjoy the sign.
I am now signing out and off
Cheers
Dale

Bruce Carson
20th June 2007, 01:49
Not too many leave.
At least the gentleman had the courtesy to say goodbye.

Bruce C

Gulpers
20th June 2007, 14:15
Dale,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
I would be surprised if our members can not help you with your query, in the meantime, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)