Hello

shipnils
6th January 2007, 11:43
Hello all!

Just new to this forum so I want to say hello. It looks like a very interesting forum which I popp into almost every day.

My main interest are Norwegian and ex. Norwegian ships of all types. Also interested in ships from other countries.

Best regards
Terje Nilsen
Stavanger

Gulpers
6th January 2007, 12:38
Terje,

A warm welcome to the site from Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Frank P
6th January 2007, 17:20
Welcome onboard Terje, enjoy the site.

Frank

benjidog
6th January 2007, 20:13
Welcome to SN from the North of England Terje.

I am glad you are enjoying the site. We seem to be getting an increasing number of members from your part of the world.

Regards,

Brian

Keith Adams
6th January 2007, 21:16
Welcome shipnils... this is truly a great site! Maybe you can help me out...
my Dad made his first trip to sea ( 3 year voyage) out of Liverpool in 1925 or so...was Deksgut (Deck Boy) on the "GRO" of Grolle Olsen Rederi Line out of
Bergen, Norge. I have an account of the voyage somewhere and will post once I locate it. Right now I will post the only photo I have to the Gallery in Trampship Forum... can you assist in locating a better photo of the "GRO"?
Also, I commend you for transmitting in English ... my Dad who died at active 95 yrs in 2005 could speak Norsk fluently, thanks to that trip.Regards,
Snowy.

gdynia
6th January 2007, 22:49
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

thunderd
6th January 2007, 23:09
Terle a very hearty welcome to the site, lots to enjoy here and we look forward to your posts.

flyer682
6th January 2007, 23:25
Welcome aboard Terje. Enjoy the site and all we have to offer.

Keith Adams
6th January 2007, 23:38
Attn: shipnils... I have twice attempted to post photo of "GRO" in Trampship
Gallery and, although indication was accepted I didn`t get the final approval
pop-up page to fiil out... will try again tonight, Snowy

shipnils
7th January 2007, 16:37
Hello Snowy

I have tried to find a photo of s/s "Gro" but unfortunately no luck so far. But I will of course post one as soon as some photo appear.

Best regards
Shipnils

john shaw
7th January 2007, 20:53
Hi Snowy-- would this be your "Gro"?
http://www.uboat.net/allies/merchants/514.html

if so,you may be interested in

http://www.warsailors.com/singleships/gro.html

Keith Adams
8th January 2007, 04:30
Thankyou shipnils and THANKYOU john shaw! Yes that is my Dad`s ship... I
will make another attempt to post the only picture he had; not avery good one,but proof enough... just wish Dad could have seen all the info supplied, although i would suspect some were men he actually sailed with and would have saddened him... he felt guilty about surving the entire hostillities 1938
1948 with no wounds...Pvt. to Capt. Royal Artillary by 1942 and ended up in
Palestine and Cyprus. Transferred to R.E.M.E. in 1948.Thankyou so much.
Snowy.

R58484956
8th January 2007, 09:40
Terje, Welcome to the site from a member in the south of England, enjoy what you see and join in.