hello

logan007
6th January 2007, 20:13
hello just found out about this site today. it looks loke an interesting site. love vessels of all size. i live by the welland canal in canada. love to see ships from the around the world.

Keith Adams
6th January 2007, 20:56
Welcome aboard logan007! I used to work (stevedoring) the Lakes in the 1960s,
Chicago and Milwaukee but never been to the Locks at Welland... closest I got was Montreal... hope to make a grand tour of the entire system in 2008 or 9.
Snowy

hawkey01
6th January 2007, 21:59
Welcome Logan007,

Very impressive picture you posted of Federal Manitou. Must be great to have ships so near. Longtime since I last visited Canada, back in 1972 when stayed with my brother in Trenton Ontario. Look forward to more great pictures from you.

Regards
Hawkey01

non descript
6th January 2007, 22:10
Logan,
a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for posting:
https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/46248/limit/recent
Enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your further postings. Bon Voyage.

Trader
6th January 2007, 22:15
hello just found out about this site today. it looks loke an interesting site. love vessels of all size. i live by the welland canal in canada. love to see ships from the around the world.

Hi logan007,

Welcome to the site, I am sure that you will enjoy it. I sailed on the Lakes in the 50's and 60's and passed thru the Welland many times with Manchester Liners.

I have just tried to answer a question in the Mess Deck Forum under the heading "seaway boom" about Port Colbourne leads. Please have a look and see if you can throw any light on it.

Do you go on the Boatnerd site? I have a look now and again but now that the ice has set in there is not a lot to report.

All the best......Trader.

gdynia
6th January 2007, 22:48
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

flyer682
6th January 2007, 23:35
Welcome aboard Logan. Enjoy the site and all we have to offer.
Lovely photo of FEDERAL MANITOU - look forward to more like that.

benjidog
7th January 2007, 00:36
Welcome from the North of England.

I am sure you will enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

R58484956
7th January 2007, 14:30
Welcome Logan from the south of England, thanks for joining the crew and a superb photo, More to come? Bon voyage.

Gulpers
7th January 2007, 16:08
Logan007,

A warm welcome to the site from Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)