Hello and HELP?

putte
8th January 2007, 23:18
Hello people at shipnostalgia

Im rather new here at your forum.

I have always been interested in ferries and cruise ships. Photographing passenger vessels is one of my favorite things here in life. Therefore have I started my own page with my own pictures. If you are interested you can find it on http://www.shipimage.com

I have posted some pictures in other forums from my site, but I have learned that a lot of forum owners get angry and other people. They donít like links getting spread. I donít want to be annoying but how should I promote my own site if not on the forums? I just want to spread the information about my pictures to people who share the same interest in watching ship photos.

How should I promote my site/pictures in best way without getting in trouble with forum owners. I have already linked my site to Google`s search engine. Please can someone give me some great advice.

Best regards/Patrik

thunderd
8th January 2007, 23:24
Patrik welcome to SN, I hope you enjoy the site.

We find the best way to promote your site here is to make a note of it in your introduction and refer them to your profile if they would like the URL.

We would also like to think you would post a link to SN on your site.

stevecz
8th January 2007, 23:32
Yes, you have the makings a another good site for us old ship enthusiasts.

I agree with thunderd, add a SN link to your site, it works both ways.

gdynia
9th January 2007, 06:30
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

John Cassels
9th January 2007, 08:05
Welcome on board Patrik.

Can you tell me why you use "Putte "as your handle . It;s the name of
the village I live in ..........................

JC

non descript
9th January 2007, 08:12
Patrik, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you also for you excellent courtesy in asking that sensible question, which has now been very well replied to by my colleague Derek and I'm sure you will follow his advice as others have done. Please enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

R58484956
9th January 2007, 14:19
Another warm welcome Patrick, enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

tanker
9th January 2007, 14:32
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp

Gulpers
9th January 2007, 21:51
Patrik,

A warm welcome to the site from Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)