Hello To All

DELBOY666
9th January 2007, 18:06
I Joined Today In The Hope That Members May Be Able To Help Me Seek Information About Two Things;

Mersey Ferry , Royal Iris- What Plans Are There For Her ? In March 06, I Visited Her At Thames Barrier, And Got Speaking To The Pilot On Duty Who Kindly Allowed Me Down The Jetty To Get Some Photos. I Asked Him Does He Know The Owner, To Which He Replied- Yes !
I Had Sent Photos And Mail To James Jegede (owner), But Got No Reply. The Pilot Told Me That The Owner Came Regularly To Collect His Mail About "iris", And Went On To Say That The Owner Planned To Spent 4 Million Quid Doing It Up, Then Towing It Down River To Tower Bridge, And Using "iris" As A Floating Art Gallery And Restaurant.
Sounds Fantastic News, But Is This True, If Anyone Knows Anything About Plans For "iris" I Would Be Grateful To Know !

The Second Thing I Need Help With Is; U-boat Museums !

Does Anyone Know Where There Might Be A Museum ? I Have Visited The One At Birkenhead A Few Times, But Would Like To See More. My Intrest In U-boats Came After Watching Das Buit (the Boat) Video !

Any Nice Photos Of Royal Iris In Her Heyday Would Be Great Please !

Regards To All. Derek

non descript
9th January 2007, 18:08
Derek, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings, hopefully with news of success in both your very interesing searches. Good luck and Bon Voyage.

danube4
9th January 2007, 18:42
Dellboy666. Click gallery. Then scroll down to the first blue bar.
Will say. Wellcome Dellboy. move to right side and type Royal Iris,click go.
Barney.

tanker
9th January 2007, 18:51
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp

Gulpers
9th January 2007, 21:42
Derek,

A warm welcome to the site from Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

benjidog
9th January 2007, 22:32
Welcome from Lancashire Derek.

I am sure you will find a lot to interest you here. Check out the forums and Gallery using the Search facilities and you will find some references to U boats on the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
10th January 2007, 05:39
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

R58484956
10th January 2007, 12:13
Derek a warm welcome from the south of England, enjoy the site.