New Year Greetings

appbob
2nd January 2015, 20:26
Best wishes and goodwill for 2015 to those stalwarts who sailed to the "West Coast" in the post war years of 50's onwards.

Bob Appleton 1950/60

TOM ALEXANDER
3rd January 2015, 08:07
Best wishes and goodwill for 2015 to those stalwarts who sailed to the "West Coast" in the post war years of 50's onwards.

Bob Appleton 1950/60

Hope you mean the West Coast of Canada, Bob -- cause then your wishes include me. I eventually emigrated and wound up here. Either which way, all the best in 2015 to you and yours. (Thumb)(Thumb)

appbob
3rd January 2015, 10:24
Thanks Tom for the response. I visited your town, Nanaimo on Vancouver Island on the Celebrity Eclipse. A great town and very good cruise. The preserved lumber yard and steam railway is a must in your area. Regards Bob

Degema
3rd January 2015, 12:14
Thanks Bob,

Down there 75 to 79 so just missed you.

TOM ALEXANDER
4th January 2015, 07:46
Thanks Tom for the response. I visited your town, Nanaimo on Vancouver Island on the Celebrity Eclipse. A great town and very good cruise. The preserved lumber yard and steam railway is a must in your area. Regards Bob

Sounds like you took the train from Port Alberni up to the McLean Mill.
Wonderful trip which we take the great grand children on whenever possible. Sometimes they stop for a winery tour, and sometimes the Beaufort gang on horseback and with six shooters "robs" the train.

Roger Turner
6th January 2015, 12:49
Bit late I know, but please accept my good wishes from perhaps a not very stalwart (swallowed the pick after 10 years not very hard labour, for the "real world")

Retrospect is a funny thing, somehow I miss it.