Sumar

Sumar
11th January 2007, 14:53
Hello there the name is Tom, 84 years old and been at sea all my life
New to this computer stuff so please bear with me
Cheers

R58484956
11th January 2007, 14:55
Tom a very warm welcome to you, and thank you for joining the crew, enjoy what you see and you must have many stories that you would like to pass on to us. Bon voyage.

gdynia
11th January 2007, 14:57
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the Voyage

Gulpers
11th January 2007, 16:22
Sumar,

A warm welcome to the site from Anglesey.
I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
No rush with the computer - take it easy and you will soon get the hang of it.
If you have any problems ask for assistance and we will be only to glad to help.
Good luck! (Thumb)

non descript
11th January 2007, 18:10
Tom, a warm welcome to you. That is a great age and I'm sure you have a lot to tell and teach us; thank you for joining the community; enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

Frank P
11th January 2007, 21:19
Welcome onboard Tom, Enjoy the site.

Frank

Eggo
11th January 2007, 21:22
see you got the hang of it .Tell them about the ship that went down with you on it off Hull, best wishes Les

benjidog
12th January 2007, 00:20
Welcome to SN from Lancashire Tom.

I am sure you will enjoy the site. If you get stuck with any technical stuff send a personal message to me or one of the other moderators and we will do our best to help. Our names show up in yellow in the list of people logged on.

Regards,

Brian

Keith Adams
12th January 2007, 05:29
Hello Sumar (Tom) from Snowy (Keith). The guy my Mom married as I went to sea was a Gunner on a Fishing Trawler in the North Sea 1940-1941 and then
became a Tank Driving Instructor rest of war. Perpetual North Sea during the War on a Trawler must have been tough! Cheers and THANKYOU!.

Anchorman
12th January 2007, 11:41
Welcome Tom.
Look forward to your stories. "Sumar" rings a bell but cant think where I have heard it.
Neil

Sumar
12th January 2007, 13:17
Hi Neil thanks for the wishes, from the number of welcomes I have had I`m
certainly going to enjoy this site! The "Sumar" was an armed yatch Stationed
in Kingston Jamaica in the last war. I served as gun layer on her
Cheers Tom

Sumar
12th January 2007, 15:09
Hello Snowy,
Pleased to hear from you, I too was a gunner in the war but it was on an armed yatchin the Caribean! I have as a fisherman in the North Sea and arctic waters for many years
Cheers Tom

Sumar
12th January 2007, 15:15
Hi Gulpers,
Thanks for the welcome, still feeling my way round the site and will be glad
of all the help I can get. Best regards Tom