Union-Castle Staff Register

Chris Isaac
5th January 2015, 14:17
It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of Owen Keen. Owen founded the Union-Castle Staff Register web site which he handed over to me a few years ago. Since then his site was dedicated to the histories of both the Union Line and the Castle Line up to the point of the merger in 1900. I shall be discussing with his family how best to preserve and expand the knowledge that Owen was so painstaking to accumulate.

R58484956
5th January 2015, 14:26
Condoleces to Owen's family.RIP

ben27
8th January 2015, 00:08
owen keen.may he rest in peace,my condolences to his family,regards ben27

ChasH
8th January 2015, 00:50
My condolences to Owen and his family, may he safely navigate his way through the stars regards chas ex U/C.

woodend
8th January 2015, 06:12
Condolences to family and friends. We never worked together as we were always in different ports but we met up quite frequently. He was also busy with the setting up of the South African Railways and Harbours web site. This in much the same format as the Union Castle one.

olafiaherborg
24th June 2015, 23:00
Regarding the matter

I am looking for descendants of fishermen who have been on fishing boats and ships at the southeast coast of Iceland from the years 1900-1920.

I am a descendant of Valdór Bóasson who was one of the Icelandic men who bought the British trawler Clyne Castle which stranded in the spring of 1919 nearby the farm Kvísker at the southeast coast of Iceland. The wreckage can still be seen where it stranded and is one of very few which is still not buried in the sand.

My intention is to make a monument nearby the farm Kvísker to honor these fishermen and I´m looking for some sponsors to help me with this project.
If you are interested in the project and want some more information please contact me.
Every help will be greatly appreciated.

The accompanying map shows some of the names of the ships and boats which have stranded at the southeast coast of Iceland and the year when they stranded.

Með bestu kveðjum/Best regards
F.h. afkomenda Valdórs Bóassonar/In behalf of descendants of Valdór Bóasson
Clyne Castle stuðningshópur/ Clyne Castle support group