Ex Merchant Seaman

jpb1958
16th January 2007, 22:50
Hello Everyone
My name is John Brown and I went to sea from 1975 to 1990
Started off with BP then on to Blue Star, Everards, various other companies that I cant remember. Off to the Med or Rock Dodging around the coast.(Wonder wher my discharge books are?) joined Harrison Lines Benefactor and stayed with them for about 8 years (would you leave if you were sailing to the West Indies every few weeks) went to the Falklands and done my bit. Harrisons then got rid of their own crews and I said tara...joined a Shell Bulk Carrier and after that voyage finished with the sea.

Some great times, even better memories.

John

Gulpers
17th January 2007, 04:42
John,

A warm welcome to the site from Anglesey and I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

billyboy
17th January 2007, 07:24
welcome aboard from the philippines Jpb. enjoy all this great site has to offer...(its very addictive mate)

non descript
17th January 2007, 07:39
John, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community, enjoy the site and all it has to offer and we very much look forward to your postings. A Shell Bulk Carrier was a rarity, I think they had just the two Hyundai built ships, Tribulus and Trinculo but my memory fades? Bon Voyage

Frank P
17th January 2007, 08:52
Welcome onboard John, enjoy the site.

Frank

R58484956
17th January 2007, 09:30
Welcome John from the south of England, thanks for signing on, I am sure you will enjoy the experience. Bon voyage.

wa002f0328
17th January 2007, 09:43
welcome John from Tyneside, wonderful ship(Thumb)

benjidog
17th January 2007, 12:28
Welcome to SN John,

You can relive your earlier life here! Plenty to see and some entertaining banter to.

Enjoy the site.

Regards,

Brian

gdynia
17th January 2007, 18:04
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Emmanuel Makarios
19th January 2007, 05:30
Welcome aboard from New Zealand - your going to love this site !!
Regards
Emmanuel