Hello from Sydney Australia..

IainMackayDall
14th January 2015, 12:48
I was born in Liverpool 1958 and grew up watching and recognising all the funnels and shipping lines as they sailed up the Mersey. I had a school classroom that has a few gaps where you could see every ship come any go between the buildings - near Blundellsands, and a new swimming pool build nearby. My main quest here, is to find reference to my mothers Father. My Grandfather George Mackay. Chief Engineer on the Leyland line. he sailed on the Hanovarian, renamed later White Star, Cretic and again later renamed Leyland line, Devonian. But I know he sailed to Shanghai too pre WW2.. My other Grandfather was Andrew Dall ( luckily avoided a junior engineer post on the Titanic ), and my father John Dall ( NZ Shipping Company, Gladstone docks, Insurance estimations )
Regards Iain Mackay Dall

Any memories, or connections are welcome

Pompeyfan
14th January 2015, 13:17
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Iain.

Hopefully, someone will be able to help with the information you are seeking. Good luck (Thumb)

hawkey01
14th January 2015, 13:43
Iain,

welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

fred henderson
14th January 2015, 15:51
A warm welcome to SN. I assume that you have seen the photographs of Hanoverian in later life that are in the SN Gallery: -

https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/search.php?searchid=2886090

R58484956
14th January 2015, 16:06
Greetings Iain and welcome to SN. Bob voyage.

billyboy
15th January 2015, 01:48
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Coastie
15th January 2015, 04:42
A warm welcome aboard from the usually sunny Isle of Anglesey. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.