G'day from the land downunder.

Teemore
22nd January 2007, 22:13
Just a quick note to say morning all and thanks for a most interesting site.

Recently returned from cruising and whilst in Hawaii noted a restored 'Falls of Clyde" tall ship/sailing vessel ...... am I wrong or did this ship at some stage appear in some well published photos/posters (?? can't remember but seem to recall images of this or a similar ship aground/beached ??).

Only shipboard experiences involve our trip to Australia aboard the luxury (not) liner SS Anna Salen (1954), a thrilling 30m slide/drop/splash off the PCC Don Carlos in a Harding lifeboat and more recently cruising Hawaii/Kiribati aboad the Norwegian Wind.

Great photos/most interesting site, keep it up,
Regards Tom.

thunderd
22nd January 2007, 22:18
Welcome to SN Tom, there is plenty to see here so I hope you enjoy your membership.

benjidog
22nd January 2007, 22:48
Welcome from the North of England Tom.

I hope you enjoy the site and everything on offer here.

Regards,

Brian

bobby388
22nd January 2007, 23:39
Welcome aboard Teemore i think theres a couple of downunder guys on site enjoy mate Bobby(Glasgow)

Frank P
23rd January 2007, 08:51
Welcome onboard Tom, enjoy the site.

Frank

R58484956
23rd January 2007, 09:28
Welcome Tom to the site enjoy it and all it has to offer, thanks for signing on. Bon voyage.

sabinecastle
23rd January 2007, 09:48
Welcome!! Good luck have FUn!

Gulpers
23rd January 2007, 15:43
Tom,

A warm welcome to the site from Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the SN experience and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

stein
23rd January 2007, 16:32
G'dag Tom. About the Falls of Clyde; I have never seen her pictured aground. Among the four posters belonging to Wright & Brekenridge's Fall line: Falls of Garry went aground near Kinsdale in Ireland. Falls of Ettrick went aground in Thwart the Way island in the Sunda Straits. Falls of Earn on Acheen Head. But the Clyde seems to have kept some water under her keel continually. She spent the years between 27 and 68 as a lighter though, that's slightly beached-like. Stein