Newcomer!

maxinediana
21st January 2015, 12:40
Hello All! I have joined SN so that I can hopefully do justice to my Dad's records he kept when a 2nd Radio Officer in the Merchant Navy in WWII.

He kept a Log of every ship he was on - date sailed; cargo; port left from - port arrived at; stay in port; distance sailed July 1940 to Oct 1945.

1. I wish to place his records in an appropriate museum but have drawn a blank so far. (Told the museums have too much stuff) I can add to it by incl licquor permits, photos, Discharge book etc to make it into a record of his war years.

2. I also wish to research info about a ship(and its crew) he was on that was torpedoed 4 times and he remembered each year for 70 years and in fact he passed away on that incident's anniversary. 10 January 1943 was the incident in Paramamibo. He passed 8 years ago.

Can someone kindly suggest which Forums I post these questions under please?

Sorry this is a long introduction to say Hello- but now you know my reasons for joining. Looking forward to interesting replies. Thank you. Maxine

hawkey01
21st January 2015, 13:44
Maxine,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN.

With reference to your post.

Have you made inquiries to the Imperial War Museum London with regard to donating the records. Other members may have better ideas on this subject.

You can post extracts etc in - Mess Deck - and they will be well received.

Also with regard to the ship you can post in the - Ship Research - forum.
Please do not duplicate the posts.

Many very knowledgeable members who will I am sure come to your assistance.

Hawkey01

billyboy
22nd January 2015, 00:49
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Duncan112
22nd January 2015, 09:33
The Fort Perch Rock Radio Museum may be interested http://www.radioofficers.com/galleries/fort-perch-museum/

gdynia
23rd January 2015, 01:36
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
23rd January 2015, 13:38
Greetings Maxine and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.