Spam - left for information! Exchange digital pics of bulkers and tankers

jorgenl
2nd February 2007, 10:50
I will be in connecting with shipspotters worldwide for exchange digital pics of bulkers and tankers for private use.

Can supply you with pics of reefers, bulkers and tankers up to ULCC:s.

No coasters.

I am working now 50% after nearly 25 years in the tanker business as catering officer in worldwide trade and live in Stockholm Sweden.

Please send comment to me via a PM, as direct email addresses etc are discouraged on here

Kind regards,
Jorgen Lonn
WSS 07200

benjidog
2nd February 2007, 13:14
Welcome to SN from the North of England Jorgen.

I hope you enjoy the site.

As long as any photos you post are either your own, or you have the permission of the copyright owners to post them here we will be happy to see them in the Gallery.

Of course you realise that we have to be careful that we don't include photos belonging to other people without their knowledge and approval or we would be in breach of copyright law. You are asked to confirm that the situation when you upload the photos.

Regards,

Brian

jorgenl
3rd February 2007, 15:16
I am looking after photos of Shell, Caltex, Esso and BP tankers and I can give you digital pics of bulkers and tankers up to ULCC:s worldwide.

You can send me lists by fax to ******* or email to ****** ([email protected]@comhem.se)
Note by Benjidog: Email address and fax number deleted for security reasons - If you want to respond to this request please do so by Personal Message.

Brgds,
Jorgen Lonn

Borgmastargatan 7-1tr
S-116 29 Stockholm
Sweden

jorgenl
3rd February 2007, 18:43
Do you have any pics of Shell, BP, Texaco and ESSO Tankers.

I can give pics of tankers up to ULCC:s worldwide.

Brgds Jorgen L
WSS 07200

benjidog
3rd February 2007, 19:38
Jorgen,

Check out the Gallery where you should find a lot of tanker photos. Get there from Gallery at the top of every SN Page, and once in the Gallery either select Tankers, or use the Search facilities to find what you want.

Regards,

Brian

Split
5th February 2007, 03:34
his site has all the Caltex and Texaco ships' photos.

http://www.tota.co.uk/index.php?page=1

BlythSpirit
5th February 2007, 18:29
And this one has all the shell tankers you would ever want!!

http://www.helderline.nl/

robandbarbara
6th April 2007, 23:06
Esso Fulham 4352/1945 Portsmouth 1956
Esso Nederland 7650/1955 Solent 29.05.1956
Linga 6452/1946 (Shell) Hamble 26.04.1949

jorgenl
27th April 2007, 16:27
Do you want to exchange photos of oldies, tramps, bulkers and tankers etc., worldwide. No coasters.

Can exchange nearly 7000 photos of Shell and Esso tankers together with photos of oldies, tramps, bulkers etc.,.

Please contact me via a PM in the first instance.

Will exchange photos via email and CD's.

Brgds,

Jorgen Lonn

ruud
28th April 2007, 05:21
Ahoy Jorgen,
The idea is good to exchange,as we all have a lot of piccies taken ourselves or bought and at least I[we] credit/courtesy the copyrights of those when shown to others on the W W W, but it seems yours ? can only be used for private,so no interests in piccies that can be left on the loft or cellar,sorry mate next time better.
Btw it's very unusual when piccies are being exchanged,and not been giving credits to the owner as they will appear on the internet like we all want to do,as we all share the same hobby,collecting vessels,some do like the oldies,others this generation vessels others small boats,others the VLCC vessels.
Recently bought about 1400 piccies on a CD,at a very reasonable price[ 12,99 including P&P]and asked the seller to whom the credits should be given,he answered me, 'Once purchased, you are free to do as you wish with them.
View them on a computer, use them on your website,
or print them onto photo card, that sounds better isn't it ?
Wish you all the best and luck with this call up.

non descript
28th April 2007, 09:02
Jorgen,

One of the (very few) guidelines put in place by the Site Owners, is that personal details, e.g. email addresses, and direct contact details, are not published openly.

The principle of the Private Message system, is that this medium can be used by Members to make contact between themselves away from the public site, and then what information is released there, is the sole responsibility of the Members involved.

For this reason I have edited your posting to reflect this rule, for whilst you clearly mean well, it would be unfair not to apply the rules to all.

Regards
Mark

jorgenl
29th April 2007, 10:22
Who want to exchange photos of tankers up to ULCC:s.

I can supply you with photos of Shell, Esso, BP tankers etc.

Brgds Jorgen Lonn

non descript
29th April 2007, 19:11
Jorgen,

You will see that all your separate threads on the same subject have been merged into this one. It would be helpful if you could take note of the various comments that have been made.

The Site is very protective of its Members and we would not wish for any misunderstandings, so we do stress the importance of following the basic rules laid down by the Site's Owners.

Regards
Mark

benjidog
30th April 2007, 00:24
Jorgenl,

The purpose of this site is to share information freely with the general membership of the site.

You have posted a total of 0 photographs in the Gallery but are asking other members to provide you with photos - albeit on an exchange basis.

Quite honestly I think this is a damned cheek. We are not here to complement your photographic collection or act as a place to swap photos - I suggest if you want to do that you pay for advertising in a shipping magazine.

Regards,

Brian

dom
30th April 2007, 03:52
correct,post your photos,

john shaw
30th April 2007, 08:41
I received a pm approx 10 days ago i guess re this offer to swap--- did others? I wasn't at that time sure if it was genuine, but later saw these member postings, so I now assume the request was genuine, but I still didn't reply-- I agree that the purpose of being here is to put up the pics for anyone else who might have an interest

Thamesphil
30th April 2007, 09:20
I have to say that this member 'spams' my private inbox with this request, also reglarly posts the same request to another site. He has also sent me a couple of PMs both here and on that other site. I know that he didn't get my email address from here, but I think it is worth mentioning nontheless. Up to now I have ignored him but seeing that other members are experiencing similar issues, I have now broken silence.

Phil

non descript
30th April 2007, 10:13
Phil, thank you for this bit of news; it seems very tedious indeed and we will endeavour to sort it out for you and the other members who are being troubled.

ruud
30th April 2007, 10:35
Ahoy,
Got also several PM's,answered them with the same as above already written #10.
Not interested!

non descript
30th April 2007, 12:53
Thanks Ruud, the picture is getting a little clearer... Your comments (and those of the others who have bene pestered) are most helpful for the Site Owners when it come to deciding what to do with this matter.

benjidog
1st May 2007, 12:25
Members who got "spammed" will be pleased to hear that this user has walked the plank.

Brian

benjidog
11th May 2007, 00:06
I have been advised that members are still getting spam emails from this jerk via their private email addresses. (Cloud)

It is of course up to you if you wish to respond, but my advice is to delete any such emails you get from this person without replying and to add him to your list of "junk email" addresses so the stuff gets binned automatically by your email system.

Regards,

Brian

benjidog
11th May 2007, 13:26
This user is a total ******** and is pestering SN members. He has been barred under this username and another and will probably reappear in some other guise.

I have renamed the thread to show that it is spam and am going to close it. Left here for information and to warn members.

Brian