RFA Resurgent

CEYLON220
3rd February 2007, 15:48
(Thumb) What was the fate of the Resurgent? She was our supply ship out in the Far East 1958/9 and I had some good mates aboard her, on my 21st birthday at Manila,Philipines,a motor boat came along side the ship HMS Ceylon and took me to the Resurgent along with a couple of mates to celebrate my b/day.One of the cabins was stacked up with beer in cans, by the time we left those cans had disappeared, how the h------ we all got back to our ship passed the Officer on duty with out any of us being put on charge-----he maybe had the Nelson touch"Turned a blind eye"---, if any of the lads come across this site and remember that night and know of me,get in touch.

clankie
4th February 2007, 15:36
Resurgent was laid up in Rosyth for de-storing in the autumn of 1979 then sold and scrapped at Gijon in northern Spain during 1981. (Thumb)

jbryce
5th February 2007, 20:41
RFA Resurgent was the bringer of all good things, especially Tiger beer[=P]

susanmec
17th August 2007, 22:47
Resurgent was laid up in Rosyth for de-storing in the autumn of 1979 then sold and scrapped at Gijon in northern Spain during 1981. (Thumb)

I was one of six who was at rosyth for layup

ab steven metcalfe
ab paul clarke
ab ezz
bosun from newcastle ?
ab ?
ab ?

Cymru am byth
15th February 2009, 23:46
I was at Rosyth for the lay up as one of the six. My name's Paul Clark. The bosun was a bloke called John. Also thinking that Keith Weatherspoon and Keith Clarke were the other two ab's. Not 100% though. Who are you though?

Matt Jordan
16th February 2009, 19:12
I was one of six who was at rosyth for layup

ab steven metcalfe
ab paul clarke
ab ezz
bosun from newcastle ?
ab ?
ab ?

Ezz? if he was from Manchester, he only retired a couple of years ago, he made bosuns mate in RFA, a bloody good seaman and all round nice bloke.(Thumb)

Cymru am byth
16th February 2009, 22:32
Ezz? if he was from Manchester, he only retired a couple of years ago, he made bosuns mate in RFA, a bloody good seaman and all round nice bloke.(Thumb)
Tidy bloke ezza was. I sailed with him a couple of times and I have nothing but admiration for him.

CEYLON220
24th February 2009, 23:38
Any crew members from the 1958/9 commission RFA RESURGENTout there?

sparkie2182
25th February 2009, 00:08
"" A bloody good seaman and all round nice bloke "".

"" I sailed with him a couple of times and i have nothing but admiration for him ""

what more can a man ask for to be remembered in life?

i never knew him.........my loss

Lancastrian
25th February 2009, 09:13
"Any crew members from the 1958/9 commission RFA RESURGENTout there?"
There is a photo from 1959 here - http://rfaaplymouth.org/copperminepeople/displayimage.php?pos=-618

CEYLON220
25th February 2009, 16:14
Did`nt see any that I recognised, Lancastrian---there`s, a photo somewhere which I will hunt out and post at a later date ,thanks all the same mate,we will keep on trying.
Dave

mecca
5th July 2010, 18:30
I was at Rosyth for the lay up as one of the six. My name's Paul Clark. The bosun was a bloke called John. Also thinking that Keith Weatherspoon and Keith Clarke were the other two ab's. Not 100% though. Who are you though?

Hello Paul my name is Steven Metcalfe, yes I can recall Keith Clarke I think he done the diving with us.

Cymru am byth
1st November 2010, 00:29
Stevie Met. Haven't heard from you in a while. You have my e-mail address?

mecca
3rd November 2010, 20:15

Hello Paul, you seem supprised that I have your e-mail address, you sent it to me in July. If you want I will only use the site for messages. I have already sent a couple of e-mails they might have gone into span folder.

Cymru am byth
10th December 2010, 20:11
Stevie Met.
I haven't received any e-mail from you mate. Nothing in the spam folder. Please try again.

jfenzy1
22nd April 2018, 22:49

Hello Paul, my name is Jim, I was with you on the Resurgent for her final trip until lay up in Rosyth, December 1979. You and Stevie Met. Hope to hear back from you.

Moulder
23rd April 2018, 07:19
I believe a good friend of mine - PO Mech Pat Street was on her during the Falklands War - sadly Pat crossed the bar a while ago.

I visited her whilst he was onboard in Plymouth - a good Sunday Pub Lunch was laid on.

(Thumb)

OLD STRAWBERRY
23rd April 2018, 08:14
I was in Her July 1960/October 1961. Best Ship.

Steve Oatey
30th April 2018, 01:59
I believe a good friend of mine - PO Mech Pat Street was on her during the Falklands War - sadly Pat crossed the bar a while ago.

I visited her whilst he was onboard in Plymouth - a good Sunday Pub Lunch was laid on.

(Thumb) You may have the wrong ship, as Resurgent was scrapped before the Falklands war.

Cymru am byth
9th August 2018, 19:34
Hello Jim. Nice to hear from you. How are you?

CEYLON220
11th October 2018, 15:30
These are 2 photos of a meeting in S`pore 1959 with mates from the RFA RESURGENT, she was our supply ship out in the Far East 1959 and seemed to be in every main ports that we visited (HMS CEYLON),--wonder if they are still around today.